5,595,645 Members 44,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in HBOOT/FASTBOOT Menu

Tip us?

Nick960
Old
(Last edited by Nick960; 13th December 2013 at 01:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Stuck in HBOOT/FASTBOOT Menu

Hey guys,

So randomly my phone decided to just turn off (it was just idle on the home screen) and when I booted it back up it was in the Fastboot Menu.
I've tried reboot and even factory reset but neither work they just bring the phone right back to this when I turn it on anyone got any tips for me I'm hoping there's a really simple solution I have naively overlooked.

The screen says

***LOCKED*****
***Security Warning*******
VIVO PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.03.0000
RADIO-3831.19.00.19_M
eMMC-boot

A few months back I used a RUU to manually update to ICS and everything went fine and I had been running it fine for a long time so I'm not sure if that impacted on this in any way at all.

Anyway since this happened I've tried the old turning it off and on, battery out for an hour, sim out/sd out etc

Also the following:

I've tried running the RUU again but I get error 170 as it gets stuck at "waiting for bootloader" after it reboots the phone at the start of the process
(Tried in all my USB ports, reinstalling drivers/HTC Sync, using original cable)

I tried flashing from my SD card, it reads the zip and asks would you like to update but after I click yes it goes for a few seconds and then says "Partition Update Failed" and prompts me to reboot. (Tried multiple sd's)

I tried to unlock the phone using the HTCDev unlock, however once I get my token and use it to get to the unlock screen on the phone I am unable to select yes my phone simply does not acknowledge the option when I press the power button it instead vibrates a few times and then inevitably I end up selecting the No option after much frustration.

I should probably mention that fastboot lists my device under devices but adb does not.

I would have tried making a goldcard but I currently cannot obtain my CID through adb nor by using readcid.exe with my laptop card reader.

So if anyone could help me out that would be much appreciated as I don't have a warranty on this or anything and HTC support were of exceedingly little help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick960 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

egorlins
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick960 View Post
Hey guys,

So randomly my phone decided to just turn off (it was just idle on the home screen) and when I booted it back up it was in the Fastboot Menu.
I've tried reboot and even factory reset but neither work they just bring the phone right back to this when I turn it on anyone got any tips for me I'm hoping there's a really simple solution I have naively overlooked.

The screen says

***LOCKED*****
VIVO PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.03.0000
RADIO-3831.19.00.19_M
eMMC-boot

A few months back I used a RUU to manually update to ICS and everything went fine and I had been running it fine for a long time so I'm not sure if that impacted on this in any way at all.

Anyway since this happened I've tried the old turning it off and on, battery out for an hour, sim out/sd out etc

Also the following:

I've tried running the RUU again but I get error 170 as it gets stuck at "waiting for bootloader" after it reboots the phone at the start of the process
(Tried in all my USB ports, reinstalling drivers/HTC Sync, using original cable)

I tried flashing from my SD card, it reads the zip and asks would you like to update but after I click yes it goes for a few seconds and then says "Partition Update Failed" and prompts me to reboot. (Tried multiple sd's)

I tried to unlock the phone using the HTCDev unlock, however once I get my token and use it to get to the unlock screen on the phone I am unable to select yes my phone simply does not acknowledge the option when I press the power button it instead vibrates a few times and then inevitably I end up selecting the No option after much frustration.

I should probably mention that fastboot lists my device under devices but adb does not.

I would have tried making a goldcard but I currently cannot obtain my CID through adb nor by using readcid.exe with my laptop card reader.

So if anyone could help me out that would be much appreciated as I don't have a warranty on this or anything and HTC support were of exceedingly little help.
Try to use search.
For example in this thread were this:
Originally Posted by Addiso View Post
Did you get the HTC token again that you used to unlock the first time? If not, not go back into htcdev.com and follow all of directions. After you have it all in fastboot type in
Fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2236527

Nick960
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by egorlins View Post
Try to use search.
For example in this thread were this:
Originally Posted by Addiso View Post
Did you get the HTC token again that you used to unlock the first time? If not, not go back into htcdev.com and follow all of directions. After you have it all in fastboot type in
Fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2236527
Yeah I had a look at that before, I hadn't unlocked my phone before with htcdev but even then when I did try I was able to get my token and run the command and everything perfectly fine and even it takes me to the "Would you like to unlock your phone?" screen on my phone but I am unable to select the yes option and complete the final step which is the frustrating part.

nitingadge
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick960 View Post
Hey guys,

The screen says

***LOCKED*****
VIVO PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.03.0000
RADIO-3831.19.00.19_M
eMMC-boot

Also the following:

U will need to Downgrade your device from ICS to GB or anything else ...At times it can be Windows 8 ,8.1 issue also ...The driver are still messed up search the forum u will find working way to get driver's work ..Error(170) which means your phone is blank to flash image to boot from or Os for starters..Can u boot in bootloader (Y) then simply working your way via CMD (windows 7 if u can access). It says RELOCKED on your device(Security warning can you paste a screen snap) .
1:- Flash a recovery(if yes skip this)
2:- boot into boot bloader (install any rom via recovery)
3:- flash boot.img manually (fastboot flash boot boot.img)
If it does not work REunlock ur device via htcdev.com
If you were trying to downgrade is HBoot Version (the same issue might happen)
Take stuff's real slow (make sure u do have correct driver installed on your pc )