XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Am I rooted?

Tip us?

vballrkc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Am I rooted?

Just pulled my TF201 off the shelf a few months ago and am trying to find a place in my life for it. I KNOW FOR A FACT that I unlocked it and rooted it the first month I had it ( I bought it the day it came out). But I've read alot about people losing root and what not. Well, it's been about a year since i've messed with it and when I turn it on it says "device is unlocked" but i'm not sure if I still have root. Is there a for sure way to tell? like in the "about tablet" section or something?

polymath257
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by vballrkc View Post
Just pulled my TF201 off the shelf a few months ago and am trying to find a place in my life for it. I KNOW FOR A FACT that I unlocked it and rooted it the first month I had it ( I bought it the day it came out). But I've read alot about people losing root and what not. Well, it's been about a year since i've messed with it and when I turn it on it says "device is unlocked" but i'm not sure if I still have root. Is there a for sure way to tell? like in the "about tablet" section or something?
Look for the RootChecker app in the PlayStore.

vballrkc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
ok i'll try that

vballrkc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
ok i downloaded the app and tested for root and it said I do not have root access. So I guess I lost root somehow. I've read on these forums that that can happen if you accept an OTA? So I guess maybe that's what I did? Can I re-achieve root somehow? Or have I lost my chance now by losing it via an OTA?