TMobile Sending phone codes?

Tip us?

coyttl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default TMobile Sending phone codes?

Hey guys..
I've been on custom ROMs since I got my phone. All of the ROMs have been AOSP-based, not TW.

Recently, starting around Dec 2 (at least, that's when it's become noticable), I've been getting seemingly random TST messages from a "122" number. All the message has is:

Activate:dt=6

What is this? It *could* be related to installing new ROMs (wiping, factory reset, etc.) but I'm not 100% on that yet.

Thoughts?
-Mike

coyttl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quick note to add - This SHOULD have been in the Q&A thread, d'oh. Can a mod move it, please?

Thanks!
-Mike

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyttl View Post
Hey guys..
I've been on custom ROMs since I got my phone. All of the ROMs have been AOSP-based, not TW.

Recently, starting around Dec 2 (at least, that's when it's become noticable), I've been getting seemingly random TST messages from a "122" number. All the message has is:

Activate:dt=6

What is this? It *could* be related to installing new ROMs (wiping, factory reset, etc.) but I'm not 100% on that yet.

Thoughts?
-Mike
This has something to do with activating Visual Voicemail with T Mobile.

I don't know if Visual Voicemail will work on an AOSP rom or not, or what other APK you'd need to have installed. But if I'm not mistaken Activate:dt=6 is the code to send TO number 122 to activate Visual VM on the phone.

Why you are getting that text FROM 122 is a mystery.

I'd probably call T Mobile and get their tech support people to explain it.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

coyttl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
This has something to do with activating Visual Voicemail with T Mobile.

I don't know if Visual Voicemail will work on an AOSP rom or not, or what other APK you'd need to have installed. But if I'm not mistaken Activate:dt=6 is the code to send TO number 122 to activate Visual VM on the phone.

Why you are getting that text FROM 122 is a mystery.

I'd probably call T Mobile and get their tech support people to explain it.
Ah, thanks! That cleared it up! I thought I double-checked, but apparently I was drunk - yes, it's going TO 122, not FROM. (Yup, the Visual VM apk works on AOSP based ROMs, I'm guessing that since it's a custom ROM, the MMS's are getting logged and are visible in the MMS apk.

Thanks!
-Mike