5,604,292 Members 49,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need Tasker + Synker help (Sync ONLY Gmail on mobile netowrk) Sync ALL on wifi?

Tip us?

neopl666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I need Tasker + Synker help (Sync ONLY Gmail on mobile netowrk) Sync ALL on wifi?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, I'm hoping to be in the correct section, and I'm also hoping that this isn't a bit too much for the first time!

I looked all over for the solution to this problem I'm having, but unfortunately, everything I have found so far relates to the old Tasker, and since the new one is quite different (and since I'm a big time Tasker noob and beginner) I could not quite crack this.

On my Nexus 5 I would like to use Tasker with Synker plug-in to sync only Gmail when I'm on a mobile data netowrk, but when I connect to any wifi, I would like to sync everything.

I've been trying to do this and I have come up with two profiles (which don't work)

''Mobile Network ON ON ON ON + NOT Wifi connected = Tasker Gmail Sync''
and
''WIFI connected + NOT Mobile network on on on on = Tasker Sync All''

Unfortunately, the above profiles do not work in a way you would expect, it is as if they were not even there. Could somebody please tell me how this can be accomplished. Thank you very very much in advance! I'v been breaking my head over this for hours....

Ritchiejoe
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I'm no expert on tasker but I will give it a go

New profile > Time > Repeat every 30 mins ( you can change duration)

+ > Task > If > %WIFII ~ *virginmedia* (replace virginmedia with your SSID, Leave the * at the start and end)

+> Plugin >synker force sync> configuration > tick everything you want to sync when on wifi >save

+> Task> Else

+> plugin > Synker force Sync > Configuration > just tick gmail.

+> Task > endif

This will only work on One SSID at the moment, but I will have a think how else we could do it. In the meantime you could just repeat the profile for the Various SSID's you use, not ideal but will work

neopl666
Old
(Last edited by neopl666; 11th December 2013 at 01:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchiejoe View Post
I'm no expert on tasker but I will give it a go

New profile > Time > Repeat every 30 mins ( you can change duration)

+ > Task > If > %WIFII ~ *virginmedia* (replace virginmedia with your SSID, Leave the * at the start and end)

+> Plugin >synker force sync> configuration > tick everything you want to sync when on wifi >save

+> Task> Else

+> plugin > Synker force Sync > Configuration > just tick gmail.

+> Task > endif

This will only work on One SSID at the moment, but I will have a think how else we could do it. In the meantime you could just repeat the profile for the Various SSID's you use, not ideal but will work

Thank you for your fast response. Unfortunately, it either did not work, or I am doing something wrong... Tasker did not indicate the profile to be active, and when I was not connected to wifi my Google Keep would still update. Please refer to two screenshots I took to rule out a mistake on my part.

EDIT: the profile in question is the one on the bottom. I set it to short 2 minute interval purely for testing purposes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-11-13-07-20.png
Views:	39
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2447996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-11-13-07-26.png
Views:	34
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	2447997  

neopl666
Old