Sensation XE touchscreen not working

Tip us?

Far_SighT
Old
(Last edited by Far_SighT; 12th December 2013 at 04:25 PM.) Reason: Update
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Default Sensation XE touchscreen not working

Hey Guys. I was charging my Sensation XE, and after about 3 hours or so, when I picked it up, the touchscreen wasn't responding (but the power button was working). I pulled out the battery and after that I was able to turn the phone on just once. After the touchscreen still didn't respond, I tried pulling out the battery again. The phone didn't respond whatsoever (PC, AC charging).

I did go to get a new battery today, but while the phone did turn on with a new battery, the touchscreen still wasn't working. The store didn't have an XE battery (I would get it tomorrow), so I wanted to ask you guys if you have any suggestions, or ideas?

(Details about the device are in my signature).

Thanks in advance.
Jam that THANKS button. It only takes one finger.
Device: HTC SENSATION XE Beats Audio Z715e
Android Version: 4.1.2 | Kernel: 3.4.10-SebastianFM-1.0.3
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 | Radio: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
SD Card: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1

bashirchak
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The same issue happened to me some days before and after doing so much research on the matter I found it was the charger pin which was doing this..I changed and touch screen works fine since your touch screen isn't working completely mine was working but not comfortable enough....

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Far_SighT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Default Eureka!

UPDATE: So after struggling for days a with battery problem (my country just doesn't seem to have a HTC Sensation XE battery, and I didn't wanna degrade to a Sensation's), I got the idea that since my battery has gone days without any charging, it might, just might, be able to hold some charge again. So I put it back on charger, and voila, it was able to charge. I tried going to fastboot, but my PC couldn't identify the device (FASTBOOT warned me of a very low battery level), but in the end it didn't even matter (Love LP).

Initially, android was able to boot on battery, but it didn't recognize the AC charging, and the phone shut down immediately after pulling out the charger. After multiple tries, it finally recognized the charger, and I am afraid to touch it lest it dumps me again.

Apparently, it also solved my touchscreen issues (I didn't have to reflash the firmware). Taking a guess, I would say that the low voltage level cannot allow the touchscreen to operate at all (the POWER and VOLUME buttons worked fine). After my phone recognized the charger though, the touchscreen came to life as well.

I am posting this so that anybody who runs into similar issues can benefit..

What didn't help me:
  1. A similar HTC battery (for Desire I believe) with 3.8 V rating (Sensation XE has a 3.7 ~1700 mAh battery).
  2. The HTC Service Center. The guy told me that the battery is dead. Fair enough. Apart from that though he put the above mentioned Desire battery and when the touchscreen didn't respond he told me told me that it would cost Rs 8000 (~$126) to replace he whole screen). So better watch out at the HTC Service Center (at least in India, I am very disappointed with their service).
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
The Following User Says Thank You to Far_SighT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1798
just to know any kind of services are following specific politics about fixing issues
that's why in most cases they are saying we have to replace this,we have to replace that etc....

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON
The Following User Says Thank You to rzr86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Far_SighT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
just to know any kind of services are following specific politics about fixing issues
that's why in most cases they are saying we have to replace this,we have to replace that etc....
Yeah, but $126 is kinda lot (I need to save for Galaxy S5). They are ripping people off with misdiagnosis. This is very bad practice on part of HTC. Samsung, Nokia have great customer service compared to HTC. When I asked if I could get a new XE battery, the guy flat out told me they didn't have one and since the phone is discontinued, no batteries (seriously!).

I could get an Anker, but overseas shipping makes it unresonable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Far_SighT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
died, not working, sensation, sensation xe, touchscreen