XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB Debugging

Tip us?

Wigaboo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default USB Debugging

Ok, so I see these words a lot and I want to proceed in learning.

So can anyone tell me what this is and how do I "turn it on" or how do I access it in my phone. I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

archie87
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigaboo View Post
Ok, so I see these words a lot and I want to proceed in learning.

So can anyone tell me what this is and how do I "turn it on" or how do I access it in my phone. I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure exactly what it is but I can tell you how to turn it on.

Settings --> General Tab --> About device --> Tap the build number repeatedly and you will see the message "You are X steps away from becoming a developer." Just keep tapping and it will say that developer mode is enabled. Developer options will be at the bottom of the General tab. You'll see USB debugging in those options.
The Following User Says Thank You to archie87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wigaboo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by archie87 View Post
I'm not sure exactly what it is but I can tell you how to turn it on.

Settings --> General Tab --> About device --> Tap the build number repeatedly and you will see the message "You are X steps away from becoming a developer." Just keep tapping and it will say that developer mode is enabled. Developer options will be at the bottom of the General tab. You'll see USB debugging in those options.
My friend, I really appreciate it.