5,594,653 Members 32,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I have some questions before buying

Tip us?

andreluis034
Old
(Last edited by andreluis034; 12th December 2013 at 05:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default I have some questions before buying

Hello,
I currently I own an Alcatel One touch 995 With CM10.2 and these last few weeks there has been lots of phones coming up for such little price and all with identical specs, being Moto G the best IMO as the screen isn't that big nor too small But what I'm concerned at is the Battery itself in long term.
  • Are there, currently, any ways to change the battery even if you have to take a part the phone ? Would that be the only option at the moment? I ask this because the two previous phones I had, had battery issues after about 1,5 years.
    Another thing, how much would you think a battery would last only for Texting, 2-3 calls a day, browsing and about of 1 hour of gaming(not intensive games). According to the posts in another thread you get arround 2 days of battery ?
    And finally, if I buy the 16gb version how much storage would I have? Considering the 8gb it comes with 5gb usable, I presume you would have arround 12-13GB?
Any answers on this topic would be appreciated.

ksuuk
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreluis034 View Post
Hello,
I currently I own an Alcatel One touch 995 With CM10.2 and these last few weeks there has been lots of phones coming up for such little price and all with identical specs, being Moto G the best IMO as the screen isn't that big nor too small But what I'm concerned at is the Battery itself in long term.
  • Are there, currently, any ways to change the battery even if you have to take a part the phone ? Would that be the only option at the moment? I ask this because the two previous phones I had, had battery issues after about 1,5 years.
    Another thing, how much would you think a battery would last only for Texting, 2-3 calls a day, browsing and about of 1 hour of gaming(not intensive games). According to the posts in another thread you get arround 2 days of battery ?
    And finally, if I buy the 16gb version how much storage would I have? Considering the 8gb it comes with 5gb usable, I presume you would have arround 12-13GB?
Any answers on this topic would be appreciated.
Read the forum and You will get the answers. Shortly, Moto is made easy, all You need just new battery and open 14 screws and that's it, OS takes about 3GB, battery usage depends of personal usage, it's good, better as the most ones.

andreluis034
Old
(Last edited by andreluis034; 12th December 2013 at 06:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuuk View Post
Read the forum and You will get the answers. Shortly, Moto is made easy, all You need just new battery and open 14 screws and that's it, OS takes about 3GB, battery usage depends of personal usage, it's good, better as the most ones.
Do you have any source, plus where could the battery be bought? I've been searching the forums but only external battery packs.

As long as I get longer than and the batter can be replaced I'm happy:
note: Battery is new This is the first recharge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ded7ac7356f9ccc5cc8f8485657a134d.png
Views:	51
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	2450783   Click image for larger version

Name:	6a819d4a4341d708c7505f88c6bceeba.png
Views:	35
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	2450784