XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Aosp Camera front faccing issue

Tip us?

MrDiaz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Aosp Camera front faccing issue

I'm not sure if anybody else has gotten this issue or if it can be fix but in every single Aosp Rom i have flashed on my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 whenever i use the Front Facing camera and take a picture green lines are all over the picture and even when i take pictures with the back camera but thats rare how can i fix this issue? or what other camera app can i use to fix this?

Skipjacks
Old
(Last edited by Skipjacks; 12th December 2013 at 06:21 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDiaz View Post
I'm not sure if anybody else has gotten this issue or if it can be fix but in every single Aosp Rom i have flashed on my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 whenever i use the Front Facing camera and take a picture green lines are all over the picture and even when i take pictures with the back camera but thats rare how can i fix this issue? or what other camera app can i use to fix this?
Android 4.4 AOSP right?

It's a bug.

The sollution is to wait patiently for developers to fix it.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

MrDiaz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
Android 4.4 AOSP right?

It's a bug.

The sollution is to wait patiently for developers to fix it.

Please search before posting a new thread with a question next time. This has been discussed ad nauseum in almost every 4.4 ROM thread.
I'm actually in a 4.3.1 Rom in which this issue still happens ( Dirty Unicorn Rom )

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Quote:
I'm actually in a 4.3.1 Rom in which this issue still happens ( Dirty Unicorn Rom )
Well then that is weird.

Is it a common issue for that ROM? Anytime you see an issue like that it's usually not app related, meaning switching to a different camera app isn't going to fix it.

But it could be kernel related. Are you using a third party kernel or the one that came with the ROM?
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

MrDiaz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Well then that is weird.

Is it a common issue for that ROM? Anytime you see an issue like that it's usually not app related, meaning switching to a different camera app isn't going to fix it.

But it could be kernel related. Are you using a third party kernel or the one that came with the ROM?
According to the Dev it has no issues and i'm using the kernel the Rom came with haven't done any changes

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3483
Quote:
According to the Dev it has no issues and i'm using the kernel the Rom came with haven't done any changes
Flash another ROM after a full wipe. See if the problem remains. If it does, flash back to full stock using Odin.

If it still persists it's a hardware failure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrDiaz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Flash another ROM after a full wipe. See if the problem remains. If it does, flash back to full stock using Odin.

If it still persists it's a hardware failure.
okay did a full wipe again and reflashed the ROM seems to be working perfectly btw im wondering does GAPPS have anything to do with this issue cause i flashed an updated 4.3 GAPPS than the one i had flashed earlier and it seem to have fix this issue or does it even matter? sorry for the noobish question

Tags
aosp 4.3 camera, aosp roms, camera, samsung galaxy s4