5,604,292 Members 48,858 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What's the latest ROM that has no camera issues?

Tip us?
 
NullUser
Old
#1  
NullUser's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 72
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default [Q] What's the latest ROM that has no camera issues?

Hi,

The 4.2 and 4.3 roms (Pac) have camera issues.

What's the latest rom version that the camera works fine, and the system isn't so laggy, that you are aware of and can help me decide.

Thanks
Sent from my Galaxy Player 5.0
Shimmy
 
joemhewitt
Old
#2  
joemhewitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 258
Join Date: Jul 2012
Stock. 4.2 doesn't really have camera problems though.

Sent from my zx spectrum
Devices
  • Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 INTL
  • BBC Micro - NOW WITH CYANOGENMOD 6 - ROOTED - OVERCLOCKED TO 0.1GHZ
  • Nokia 500

If I have done something nice, click here to give me a small amount of bitcoin: http://cur.lv/w108
 
NullUser
Old
#3  
NullUser's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 72
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemhewitt View Post
Stock. 4.2 doesn't really have camera problems though.
Sorry you confused me, stock isn't the latest is it?
What do you mean 4.2 the SGP 4.2 or Android 4.2?

Thanks
Sent from my Galaxy Player 5.0
Shimmy
 
TheGreenGoo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullUser View Post
Hi,

The 4.2 and 4.3 roms (Pac) have camera issues.

What's the latest rom version that the camera works fine, and the system isn't so laggy, that you are aware of and can help me decide.

Thanks
As far as I know, everything but the stock based gingerbread ROMs have rear camera issues
The most support for the camera I know of is one ICS rom which can take pictures fine, but has a buggy preview and many other bugs
I also think that the video camera works on JB roms
 
joemhewitt
Old
#5  
joemhewitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 258
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullUser View Post
Sorry you confused me, stock isn't the latest is it?
What do you mean 4.2 the SGP 4.2 or Android 4.2?

Thanks
Stock is the latest if you don't want to put up with the tiny issues in 4.2.

Sent from my zx spectrum
Devices
  • Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 INTL
  • BBC Micro - NOW WITH CYANOGENMOD 6 - ROOTED - OVERCLOCKED TO 0.1GHZ
  • Nokia 500

If I have done something nice, click here to give me a small amount of bitcoin: http://cur.lv/w108
 
NullUser
Old
#6  
NullUser's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 72
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemhewitt View Post
Stock is the latest if you don't want to put up with the tiny issues in 4.2.
What do you mean tiny issues, camera? Really I don't mind if it's not perfect, I just need the camera to work somehow, so you still say stock is the latest??
Any other ROMs preferably ICS (supporting Chrome) are also considerable, I hope I didn't piss anyone off with this sentence.
Sent from my Galaxy Player 5.0
Shimmy
 
joemhewitt
Old
#7  
joemhewitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 258
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullUser View Post
What do you mean tiny issues, camera? Really I don't mind if it's not perfect, I just need the camera to work somehow, so you still say stock is the latest??
Any other ROMs preferably ICS (supporting Chrome) are also considerable, I hope I didn't piss anyone off with this sentence.
4.2 just requires that you use the fast burst camera app.

Sent from my zx spectrum
Devices
  • Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 INTL
  • BBC Micro - NOW WITH CYANOGENMOD 6 - ROOTED - OVERCLOCKED TO 0.1GHZ
  • Nokia 500

If I have done something nice, click here to give me a small amount of bitcoin: http://cur.lv/w108

The Following User Says Thank You to joemhewitt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more

Verizon Droid DNA to Receive 4.4.2 KitKat + Sense 5.5 OTA This Thursday

The HTC Droid DNAis Verizon’s close cousin to the JapaneseHTC … more