5,605,250 Members 38,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Delete 0, legacy, emulated folders

Tip us?

jmapark91
Old
(Last edited by jmapark91; 7th December 2013 at 08:42 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaticFlow View Post
Sorry it didn't work out for you yet. Make sure it's the most recent CF auto root for the I317M. I had a bitch of a time getting around Knox when SuperSu would try to update. Took a couple of reboots and some quick updates from the play store before I could get it to disable Knox.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

I have never seen that before. Also, I couldn't see your image. Sorry about that. The one-click 4.3 leaked worked for me flawlessly but it appears ymmv.
Hi,

I got through the whole process that you laid out for me, however I'm still stuck with the 0, emulated/legacy folders.
I made sure I did a full factory reset/wipe cache before flashing anything, and after I was done unrooting.
I am going to try to go through the whole process again, and hopefully it will work... If not, I guess the best I can do is to wait for the sammobile to upload the 4.1.2 on terafile so I can try that instead of 4.3

EDIT
Yup.. tried again, and still no luck.
I am really hopping that it's a 4.3 ROM issue. Once 4.1.2 (or 4.1.1) becomes available again, I will give that a try. (Unless you are aware of any other methods lol)

InertiaticFlow
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210euser View Post
Once you update to the newest supersu from the market it will ask you to disable Knox.

Sent from my phone
This. Sorry I didn't check this post sooner. I've been working with the new 4.4.1 OmniRom build.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmapark91 View Post
Hi,

I got through the whole process that you laid out for me, however I'm still stuck with the 0, emulated/legacy folders.
I made sure I did a full factory reset/wipe cache before flashing anything, and after I was done unrooting.
I am going to try to go through the whole process again, and hopefully it will work... If not, I guess the best I can do is to wait for the sammobile to upload the 4.1.2 on terafile so I can try that instead of 4.3

EDIT
Yup.. tried again, and still no luck.
I am really hopping that it's a 4.3 ROM issue. Once 4.1.2 (or 4.1.1) becomes available again, I will give that a try. (Unless you are aware of any other methods lol)
I've never had that happen and I don't know what to tell you. I'm really sorry. Once I was back to stock 4.1.2, they were gone. Even when I one-click updated to 4.3, they stayed gone.

kjack05
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I think it's with the one clicks or 4.3 in general. Exactly what mine did. Will live with It until official I guess.

210euser
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I use sd maid from the market. It will scan your storage and find all empty and duplicate files and erase them for you.

Sent from my phone

jmapark91
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I use sd maid from the market. It will scan your storage and find all empty and duplicate files and erase them for you.

Sent from my phone
Hi, I tried SD Maid, but it was unable to get rid of the 0, emulated, legacy, and UsbDrive(A,B,C,D,E,F) folders.

210euser
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmapark91 View Post
Hi, I tried SD Maid, but it was unable to get rid of the 0, emulated, legacy, and UsbDrive(A,B,C,D,E,F) folders.
When I was on the gnex and I didn't wipe nuke style I would get multi 0/0/0 directories. If you're rom and gallery Is working fine who cares. If it is just killing you use root explorer to delete. Long press delete. You will loose everything on the memory card.

Sent from my phone

jmapark91
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
When I was on the gnex and I didn't wipe nuke style I would get multi 0/0/0 directories. If you're rom and gallery Is working fine who cares. If it is just killing you use root explorer to delete. Long press delete. You will loose everything on the memory card.

Sent from my phone
lol, I download a lot of things from my phone, and I use file manager to navigate through my phone on a daily basis, so it is a little bit bothersome to have all these unnecessary folders. I tried root browser a couple of days ago, and when I thought I was successful in deleting them, they appeared again after I rebooted the phone. Haha I'll just wait for the 4.1.1 or the 4.1.2 to become available again. Thanks

jmapark91
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by InertiaticFlow View Post
Go here: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Search for I317M and it should show a big list of available firmwares. You'll have to register to download but, searching for your device, I found stock firmware for 4.1.2 and 4.3 across multiple carriers. One of those should work for you.

Replace the UCALJ2 firmware with the version for your phone and the directions should follow the same.

Stock ROMs won't let you reset the binary counter. Only Triangle Away has been able to do that for me and I had to have a stock rom and stock kernel. The order is Stock Rom > Rooted Stock Rom > Triangle Away to remove counter > Unroot > Fact Data Reset > Wipe cache

Following the rest of the directions should result in having a stock device without any of the weird folder nonsense you're seeing.
Awesome. Sammobile got the firmware uploaded again. I'm going to try the 4.1.2 right now.

jmapark91
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjack05 View Post
I think it's with the one clicks or 4.3 in general. Exactly what mine did. Will live with It until official I guess.
Having the same issue here. 4.1.2 worked perfectly, and when I updated from Kies, I got the folders again.
What is the one click update you guys are talking about?

kjack05
Old
Thanks Meter 4
The one clicks are a special version of Odin with the firmware built into it so you plug it in, download mode and do one click on the program to install it. In this case the One click I was referring to was the leaked AT&T 4.3. I don't understand the thing with the folders. I wish more would chime in if they got it with 4.3 too or if It's something with just mine.