5,598,779 Members 34,233 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

deleted stock rom!!

Tip us?

projektorboy
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Which RUU zip did you try using? There are two versions of the RUU that have been posted. Decrypted and Encrypted. Since you re-locked your bootloader I hope you went for the Encrypted version.

projektorboy
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkoutt8 View Post
Ok, so how can I flash a .zip or ROM to my phone now through adb sideload?
If you have CWM or TWRP installed, you'll have an option for ADB Sideload for a ROM. You don't even have to push a ZIP to the phone. The phone will take the ZIP on the fly.

In CWM, while connected to your computer" you just choose "Install ZIP" > "Install ZIP from Sideload" which will make the device present in ADB

After doing the sideload command from your command prompt the phone will start flashing the ZIP as if it were locally stored.

blkoutt8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by projektorboy View Post
If you have CWM or TWRP installed, you'll have an option for ADB Sideload for a ROM. You don't even have to push a ZIP to the phone. The phone will take the ZIP on the fly.

In CWM, while connected to your computer" you just choose "Install ZIP" > "Install ZIP from Sideload" which will make the device present in ADB

After doing the sideload command from your command prompt the phone will start flashing the ZIP as if it were locally stored.
Well that helps! Because I am using the decrypted version. I can't find an encrypted one. I found this other file called
PN07IMG_M7_WL_JB_50_VZW_422_VERIZON_WWE_1.10.605.1 0_Radio_1.12.42.0906_NV_VZW_3.71_002_release_33409 8_signed_2.zip
and also I am using TWRP

XPEric
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Being you have TWRP, just boot into recovery and select Advanced->Sideload ADB. Now plug your phone into your computer, run adb, and run: adb sideload (zip file name). It should copy the zip to your internal storage.

- Signature -
If my post helped you, why not slam that Thanks button!

- Bitcoin Address -
13BMz1bwYxqb293B135RWFCZBEJiRBfLEh

- Current Devices -
HTC One (Verizon)
ASUS Transformer TF700T

- Previous Devices -
iPhone 4 (Verizon)
Samsung Intercept

Cares
Old
Thanks Meter 134
If you can get into Recovery. You can mount your internal storage and just copy/paste the ROM through your PC to your phone.

murtaza217
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkoutt8 View Post
Well that helps! Because I am using the decrypted version. I can't find an encrypted one. I found this other file called
PN07IMG_M7_WL_JB_50_VZW_422_VERIZON_WWE_1.10.605.1 0_Radio_1.12.42.0906_NV_VZW_3.71_002_release_33409 8_signed_2.zip
and also I am using TWRP
just to be clear. if you're using adb sideload or adb push - as per everyone's instructions - you want to use a rom zip, NOT the RUU zip!
(correct me if i'm wrong here)

so if you want to flash stock get santod's stock rom from the first post here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485319

otherwise use any of the roms from the verizon htc forums

blkoutt8
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPEric View Post
Being you have TWRP, just boot into recovery and select Advanced->Sideload ADB. Now plug your phone into your computer, run adb, and run: adb sideload (zip file name). It should copy the zip to your internal storage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares View Post
If you can get into Recovery. You can mount your internal storage and just copy/paste the ROM through your PC to your phone.
Well, I was on the wrong forum and I relocked my bootloader. I can still go into recovery tho, but my computer seems to freeze. ugh this is crazy, Ive about had it. I wish my windows 8.1 would just recognize the phone, I'm stuck using my moms old laptop

Gizmoe
Old
Thanks Meter 825
One could also flash santods stock rom through fastboot.

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

Fastboot flash zip nameoffile.zip

It will fail the first time and say something about flushing the image. Just repeat the process and it will work on second round.

Once it's finished just type

Fastboot reboot
Sent From my HTC One S-Off via rumrunners or Firewater/Weaksauce combo
Need a DropBox account? use this link DropBox

Other Devices:
HTC Inspire 4g S-Off/Rooted(Ace device info all in one place Ace Think Tank)
Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD stock
Nexus 7 rooted