5,596,179 Members 34,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best custom ROM + kernel for battery life?

Tip us?

Sturmie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Best custom ROM + kernel for battery life?

I used to root all of my previous Android phones, but when I got my Note 2 last year, battery life and performance was so good, I decided not to do it anymore and focus on other things. Well, after the 4.3 update, like so many others, my battery is now terrible...literally 30% less than it used to be even AFTER a factory reset with 4.3. For example, last night, while I was sleeping (and obviously not using my phone at all), I lost 22% battery over 6 hours...unacceptable.

Therefore, I want to root again and put a custom ROM on it...but I'd like to know the best combos out there for the Sprint Note 2? I know it's "personal preference" and "depends on usage, etc."...but what are some of the proven winners?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

Sturmie
The Following User Says Thank You to Sturmie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coolwater22
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturmie View Post
I used to root all of my previous Android phones, but when I got my Note 2 last year, battery life and performance was so good, I decided not to do it anymore and focus on other things. Well, after the 4.3 update, like so many others, my battery is now terrible...literally 30% less than it used to be even AFTER a factory reset with 4.3. For example, last night, while I was sleeping (and obviously not using my phone at all), I lost 22% battery over 6 hours...unacceptable.

Therefore, I want to root again and put a custom ROM on it...but I'd like to know the best combos out there for the Sprint Note 2? I know it's "personal preference" and "depends on usage, etc."...but what are some of the proven winners?

Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

Sturmie
the rom that I have tried and keep coming to is virtue 1.a...the battery lasts me for a day and a few hours. with mild usage. it runs 4.2.2 I cant remember the kernel but it has great life. try it out

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13088
All the roms here are best, what is good for you is entirely up to you based on your testing and what you need.

Please take time to read, research, and test on your own.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe