How do I get my Dell Venue 8 to show up in the adb devices list?

Search This thread

Caporale88

Dec 12, 2013
I got a Dell Venue 8 that I'm trying to connect to my Windows computer for debugging over adb, see the logs, etc. I had a nexus 7 and don't have major issues with it, the Adb works fine with it. When I plug in the tablet and run adb devices in Windows I see the autoplay page opens, the android says usb debugging connected. I change to media device or camera and it is the same.

The tablet is running Android 4.2.2. USB debugging is enabled. The computer is running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64. I have the latest adb version, 1.0.31.

Other strange thing that happens is that I am not getting the RSA fingerprint dialog.

I really don't know what else to do, went to dell page and there no drivers for the tablet.

I will appreciate any idea

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
I got a Dell Venue 8 that I'm trying to connect to my Windows computer for debugging over adb, see the logs, etc. I had a nexus 7 and don't have major issues with it, the Adb works fine with it. When I plug in the tablet and run adb devices in Windows I see the autoplay page opens, the android says usb debugging connected. I change to media device or camera and it is the same.

The tablet is running Android 4.2.2. USB debugging is enabled. The computer is running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64. I have the latest adb version, 1.0.31.

Other strange thing that happens is that I am not getting the RSA fingerprint dialog.

I really don't know what else to do, went to dell page and there no drivers for the tablet.

I will appreciate any idea

You need the drivers I outlined here in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2551863

deltatux

Top Liked Posts