5,599,254 Members 37,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I get my Dell Venue 8 to show up in the adb devices list?

Tip us?

Caporale88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone How do I get my Dell Venue 8 to show up in the adb devices list?

I got a Dell Venue 8 that I'm trying to connect to my Windows computer for debugging over adb, see the logs, etc. I had a nexus 7 and don't have major issues with it, the Adb works fine with it. When I plug in the tablet and run adb devices in Windows I see the autoplay page opens, the android says usb debugging connected. I change to media device or camera and it is the same.

The tablet is running Android 4.2.2. USB debugging is enabled. The computer is running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64. I have the latest adb version, 1.0.31.

Other strange thing that happens is that I am not getting the RSA fingerprint dialog.

I really don't know what else to do, went to dell page and there no drivers for the tablet.

I will appreciate any idea

deltatux
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporale88 View Post
I got a Dell Venue 8 that I'm trying to connect to my Windows computer for debugging over adb, see the logs, etc. I had a nexus 7 and don't have major issues with it, the Adb works fine with it. When I plug in the tablet and run adb devices in Windows I see the autoplay page opens, the android says usb debugging connected. I change to media device or camera and it is the same.

The tablet is running Android 4.2.2. USB debugging is enabled. The computer is running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64. I have the latest adb version, 1.0.31.

Other strange thing that happens is that I am not getting the RSA fingerprint dialog.

I really don't know what else to do, went to dell page and there no drivers for the tablet.

I will appreciate any idea
You need the drivers I outlined here in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551863

deltatux
Google Nexus 4 16 GB (E960 R11 304K)
Slim ROM 4.4.2 4.4 (KVT49L)
Slim Kernel 2.7 (3.4.86)

ASUS Nexus 7 16 GB 1st Gen
Slim ROM 4.4.2 3.10 (KVT49L)
Slim Kernel 1.6+ (3.1.10)
The Following User Says Thank You to deltatux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caporale88
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thank you very much!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatux View Post
You need the drivers I outlined here in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551863

deltatux
Hi,

Thank you very much!!! it worked!!!

I read your post... What is fastboot? How can it help me? Thanks again

deltatux
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporale88 View Post
Hi,

Thank you very much!!! it worked!!!

I read your post... What is fastboot? How can it help me? Thanks again
Fastboot is the bootloader interface for Android. Lets you flash images (not .zip). The .zip is through recovery.

deltatux
Google Nexus 4 16 GB (E960 R11 304K)
Slim ROM 4.4.2 4.4 (KVT49L)
Slim Kernel 2.7 (3.4.86)

ASUS Nexus 7 16 GB 1st Gen
Slim ROM 4.4.2 3.10 (KVT49L)
Slim Kernel 1.6+ (3.1.10)