No cellular/data on 4.4 roms

Search This thread

rumsey

Jun 25, 2009
EDIT: RESOLVED, SEE BELOW

Preface, I'm currently using Jedi Master 16 / Android 4.1.2. I have not tested anything newer than this so this problem COULD potentially exist for 4.2 & 4.3 as well, but I have tried skipping directly to 4.4.

So far I have tried both Omni & SlimKat. In either case, after booting I have no cellular/data service and am unable to search for networks. When viewing the status info on the phone, my IMEI and Baseband versions show as "unknown", see attachment.

I have tried the two latest modems (including the new 4.3 modem) from both here and here.
I have tried using the 4.3/4.4 compatible DevilKernel2 as a solution as advised here.
I have tried flashing from both the latest CWM and TWRP (with selinux / 4.4 support).
I have tried toggling selinux to passive mode using this app, with all kernels.
I am on the old 4.1.2 bootloader with no Knox.

Restoring to 4.1.2 roms works fine, it is not a corrupt EFS like the symptoms may seem to indicate.
I am running out of possibilities, at this point the only thing I can think of is an incompatible bootloader version, though I would assume devilkernel would resolve the issue if that was the cause.
Anything else I am possibly missing?

update:
Official t-mobile 4.3 update (root/no knox) works fine, so it seems isolated to 4.4+ roms.

SOLUTION:
After installing the official 4.3 update I was able to perform a full wipe and update again to 4.4 roms, after which they worked just fine.

Attachments

• rqnt7gM.png
    rqnt7gM.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I understand you have tried selinux mode changer, did you give it enough time after boot? Using a root file Explorer try and replace or add a file to the system directory. Sometimes you will find although root apps appear to be functioning correctly you can't really change anything. In that case grab the updated supersu zip, think it's 1.8 currently flash it, then update from the market and it's binaries.

In the general section is a post I made that does solve the issue, as long as root access is indeed functioning properly.

rumsey

Jun 25, 2009
In that case grab the updated supersu zip, think it's 1.8 currently flash it, then update from the market and it's binaries.

I neglected to mention this in my OP, but I have tried SuperSU as well as superuser, and have verified root is in fact working properly. I'm 100% out of ideas. I think it may be some information on the other partitions (the unlabeled ones). There is almost nothing else left to rule out, as far as I can see?

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
Same exact thing happen to me with omni rom ...I said skip it went back to Jedi.
Besides them romantic aren't even stable enuff to be daily drivers

Stay on 4.1.2 until 4.4 gets
some hefty development
Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app