5,600,841 Members 41,189 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My front facing camera is not working!

Tip us?

sgh-i337
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] My front facing camera is not working!

I think my front facing camera is broken or the file is corrupt, but every time I try to use the front facing camera, it just freezes, no messages saying there are errors! Please help me determine whether the front facing camera is broken or a file may be corrupt.

I think it happened after I tried to root it, but I rooted it incorrectly and so I think it may have been from bad rooting. BUT, I did drop my phone on concrete two days after I rooted incorrectly. During that time, I didn't try to use the front facing camera until a week after.

Thank you!

tronac
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgh-i337 View Post
I think my front facing camera is broken or the file is corrupt, but every time I try to use the front facing camera, it just freezes, no messages saying there are errors! Please help me determine whether the front facing camera is broken or a file may be corrupt.

I think it happened after I tried to root it, but I rooted it incorrectly and so I think it may have been from bad rooting. BUT, I did drop my phone on concrete two days after I rooted incorrectly. During that time, I didn't try to use the front facing camera until a week after.

Thank you!
Looks like the camera is damaged. Needs to be replaced.