Please help! Stuck in fastboot!

Search This thread

iPwnAndroid

Oct 21, 2013
Tucson
Hey guys so i fallowed the root method "Motofail" from a thread that said it unlocked the bootloader... well it didnt so when i used safestrap to flash cm11 it rebooted into fastboot and i have no unlocked bootloader... is it possible to get out of this? even if reverting to stock? please Get back to me fast if you can since this is not my phone and would like to fix it rather quickly :p P.S i found a new method for unlocking my bootloader called "Motocolapse" so if my phone is operationable i can do it now... its just a matter of i tried flashing cm11 and when i did a system reboot it only goes to fastboot please respond any way to fix! :) THANKS IN ADVANCE ALOT!!! much love

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Hey guys so i fallowed the root method "Motofail" from a thread that said it unlocked the bootloader... well it didnt so when i used safestrap to flash cm11 it rebooted into fastboot and i have no unlocked bootloader... is it possible to get out of this? even if reverting to stock? please Get back to me fast if you can since this is not my phone and would like to fix it rather quickly :p P.S i found a new method for unlocking my bootloader called "Motocolapse" so if my phone is operationable i can do it now... its just a matter of i tried flashing cm11 and when i did a system reboot it only goes to fastboot please respond any way to fix! :) THANKS IN ADVANCE ALOT!!! much love

what did it say for your sw build or any numbers in the about phone screen?
The last link below I wrote just for YOU.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
You could Go to that link & try matts util to do a full restore.
But wait.
You were on SS cause your boot is locked?
How old is the phone?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Post what you see in the screen.

iPwnAndroid

Oct 21, 2013
Tucson
You could Go to that link & try matts util to do a full restore.
But wait.
You were on SS cause your boot is locked?
How old is the phone?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Post what you see in the screen.

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-le9f557, 2013-05-24 14:49:34)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK

Connect USB
Data Cable

Failed to hab check for recovery: 0x56
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a

Well, it looks like Android is pawning you. ;)

Motofail was the root exploit for the 4.1.1 version and it didn't unlock the bootloader. Motopocalypse was the only method to unlock the BL and, according the date you posted from your fastboot screen, you're on the May OTA that blocks the BL unlock. You really need to stop using random tools and start reading before you do something. Also, you can't flash CM11 with SS. Utility 1.20 is the correct utility to use for your system version. Are you sure you're using the 1.20 Utility? That's the only reason I can see that you're getting the fail. Did you try to flash the newer OTA at any point?

iPwnAndroid

Oct 21, 2013
Tucson
Well, it looks like Android is pawning you. ;)

Motofail was the root exploit for the 4.1.1 version and it didn't unlock the bootloader. Motopocalypse was the only method to unlock the BL and, according the date you posted from your fastboot screen, you're on the May OTA that blocks the BL unlock. You really need to stop using random tools and start reading before you do something. Also, you can't flash CM11 with SS. Utility 1.20 is the correct utility to use for your system version. Are you sure you're using the 1.20 Utility? That's the only reason I can see that you're getting the fail. Did you try to flash the newer OTA at any point?

hahaha... very funny little entrance there look im sorry i make mistakes as a human being all i can do is try to fix them okay? yes i used the 1.20 utility and ive succesfully flashed cm11 using SS on the droid razr so i didnt see why it wouldnt work on the M

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
hahaha... very funny little entrance there look im sorry i make mistakes as a human being all i can do is try to fix them okay? yes i used the 1.20 utility and ive succesfully flashed cm11 using SS on the droid razr so i didnt see why it wouldnt work on the M

Don't take it personally, it's just a little bit of sarcasm. I know it can get lost through the internet.

With that being said. I reread thread and saw that date again. Utility 1.20 was for the OTA prior to that, so that's why you're probably running into issues. Sorry, you can slap me because I told you wrong in the post after yours where you talked about using 1.20. Matt never updated a utility to reflect the newest OTA. As for CM11, it specifically states on the CM website that you need an unlocked bootloader:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Xt907_Info

CM was designed for SS on the Razr because the Razr never had an unlockable BL:
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Spyder_Info

Last edited:

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Well its changed now since i tried Droid razr m utility 1.20 now it says

No valid PIV block in SP for system
piv validation failed (system)
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure
usb connected

I think messed up something bad!
Pm cellzealot!
I had his link wrong. This is correct.

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=767282

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Just pm him with the link to your thread. & use the crying smily.

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
I think messed up something bad!
Pm cellzealot!
I had his link wrong. This is correct.

http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=767282

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Just pm him with the link to your thread. & use the crying smily.

Problem was using utility 1.20. It was designed for the OTA in April. His FB screen says he took the OTA in May. Do you have the FXZ for .78 or .1 somewhere? I'm not on my home computer, otherwise I would look. I think he needs to RSD to save this.

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012

Problem was using utility 1.20. It was designed for the OTA in April. His FB screen says he took the OTA in May. Do you have the FXZ for .78 or .1 somewhere? I'm not on my home computer, otherwise I would look. I think he needs to RSD to save this.
The ...78 is let me see mega is slow....

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48295502&postcount=47
Join this user in his drama! Right up your alley! Same Same.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

That is if your phone is not hosed.

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Un modded Xml will be up soon here on your thread.
My restore link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2391641
Read for now while Mega up loads.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

On the way....

sdellgen

Aug 8, 2010
Utica
VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-78-1_1FF.orig.xml.zip

Posted it in the General forum. Good Luck!

Hey man i see you bricked your phone no worries i'll help you out i've done it myself.
so you're going to need

motorola drivers

RSD lite lastest version

4.1.2 xml file for razr m ( just google search it)

and patience

ok so

I guess you know how to put your razr m in fastboot mood if not you power your device off and hold the power , vol - and sorta click it multple times. until it brings you to the screen. then you should be able to run rsd lite and flash the 4.1.2 xml file would could be found with a single google search. so flashing firmware is pretty easy.. it should be a breeze. after that just leave your phone as it is. motorola will be releasing the 4.4 update swoon hopefully so i would just wait.

hope this was semi helpful

Top Liked Posts