5,597,397 Members 30,809 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What kind of phone is this???

Tip us?

amazingjourney
Old
(Last edited by amazingjourney; 13th December 2013 at 07:08 AM.) Reason: Delete IMEI
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What kind of phone is this???

Hi all, I happen to come up with a Note 2 with such "features" (pictures attached)
  1. - In About device: it is a SGH-I317
  2. - In Status, its IMEI is xxxxx. A Google search tells it is an I317M
  3. - Behind the battery, its IMEI is: xxxxx. A Google search says it is a GT-N7100
  4. - It seems like these two IMEI are not blacklisted (based on: swappa . com / esn)
  5. - It is currently on AT&T and have 4G LTE (even though I think it's not actually LTE, see the speed test pic).
  6. - It occasionally drops signal (No network - Big O in status bar) and gets back, where other phones (on AT&T) are still fine.
  7. - The battery cover has AT&T logo.

So my questions are:
  1. - It is actually a N7100, and the correct IMEI is the one behind the battery. Am I right?
  2. - A N7100 does not support LTE, that's why even though it shows connection to 4G LTE, the LTE speed is not very fast?
  3. - Not sure why it occasionally drops signal? Wrong ROM? Currently running stock AT&T ROM with AT&T modem. What is the solution for not dropping signal?
  4. - What type of ROM fits best with it (N7100 ROM, I317 ROM)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-12-14-02-57.jpg
Views:	1136
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	2451251   Click image for larger version

Name:	about.png
Views:	1193
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	2451252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-12-12-14-36-56.png
Views:	1031
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2451253  

bazzarooney
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's the US AT&T LTE variant of the phone, it's also the same model sold by Bell in Canada for LTE.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

this is the forum you need to look at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2-att

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

this is the forum you need to look at
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2-att

amazingjourney
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzarooney View Post
It's the US AT&T LTE variant of the phone, it's also the same model sold by Bell in Canada for LTE.[COLOR="Silver"]
I thought the model in "About Device" can be changed based on the ROM flashed? In the main board (after removing battery) it says MODEL: GT-N7100. Am I dealing with a phone in which the main board was replaced? And the fact about the 2 IMEIs ... Eventually, which IMEI is the correct one? The one on main board or the one in Status?

I have checked the EFS folder, it's not empty but it does not contain nv_data, so I'm not sure how to find IMEI from there.

Thanks

Equal1zer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You ahould not post your IMEI. Someone might clone it and make your phone unusable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Equal1zer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sora9009
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingjourney View Post
I thought the model in "About Device" can be changed based on the ROM flashed? In the main board (after removing battery) it says MODEL: GT-N7100. Am I dealing with a phone in which the main board was replaced? And the fact about the 2 IMEIs ... Eventually, which IMEI is the correct one? The one on main board or the one in Status?

I have checked the EFS folder, it's not empty but it does not contain nv_data, so I'm not sure how to find IMEI from there.

Thanks
go to download mode and look for product name...it will show what is your model
Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
Rom: N7100XXUEML3
Kernel: 3.0.31-2229877
Bootloader: N7100XXUEML3
Region: XME (Malaysia)

Being a noob is not an excuse to be stupid and lazy.

If you don't care about warranty, why you come here crying after you bricking your device and then asking how to claim the warranty ?