5,605,904 Members 47,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] [STOCK] Qi Charge w/o boot, HiddenMenuDialer, +Vol Steps

Tip us?

xdabbeb
Old
(Last edited by xdabbeb; 31st December 2013 at 06:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1645

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] [STOCK] Qi Charge w/o boot, HiddenMenuDialer, +Vol Steps

Here are a few simple mods I've made to my stock VS98011A rom since I've owned the phone. They're pretty straightforward. Standard rules apply...Use these at your own risk, make sure you have a backup, flash them in recovery (I use twrp), blah blah blah

!!! Unless otherwise noted, these are for stock (odexed) VS98011A/12B

Qi Charging while the phone stays off
- I wanted the option to keep the phone off (and cooler) while wirelessly charging, but LG saw fit to make it boot the second you put it on the pad. This keeps the phone off just as if you were charging with a regular ac adaptor. This one will work fine on 11A/12B odexed/deodexed.

Download

HiddenMenu and Dialer access enabler
- For some reason, Verizon omitted the HiddenMenus. The apk was absent and they disabled access to most secret codes via the dialer. This adds the newest version of LG's HiddenMenu/AAT apks and enables access via the following dialer codes:
  • ##LGSERVICEMENU - Gets you into the main LG HiddenMenu
  • ##PROGRAM - Verizon's specific menu
  • ##AATEST - AAT menu
  • ##FEATURE - Another VZW menu
  • ##DEBUG
  • ##HELPHELP
If you're asked for a password, just enter 000000
If you break anything while playing in here, blame the person standing to your right.

Download - VS98011A
Download - VS98012B

Increased volume steps
- This is just something I've been doing to my phones for a while...30 steps for music/media and 15 for the rest (up from 15 and 7). There are a number of tutorials out there on this. I originally read about how to do it here

Download - VS98011A
Download - VS98012B

I'll post more of these as I remember and have the time zip them up.

Enjoy!

Devs: If you are interested in using all/part of these mods in your work that's fine with me, but please ask permission before doing so and give credit after.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reocej
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Can you please provide deodexed compatible versions?
The Following User Says Thank You to reocej For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tombepa
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Thank you. I have been complaining about this with android for a long time. I used to hook my phone up at a bar and play music over the loudspeakers and most of the time one step up was too loud and one step down was too low. Usually had to bring my iPad to get it right.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

rayraycarter4
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Will this work with deodexed

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xdabbeb
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1645

DONATE TO ME
The only one that will work on a deodexed Rom is the charging mod (as it's just an ini file). If I get some time, I can deodex the others, but you could also do so yourself if you don't want to wait. Are you sure you're running stock? These won't work with AOSP.
The Following User Says Thank You to xdabbeb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrgilbert79
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Most people on VZN probably run malladus which is deodexed. Stock is a waste of time when Malladus is superior. It's like 1.2 GB with lgapps and gapps included vs. 2.5 gb

Steamer86
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Stock is nice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steamer86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moosc
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Nothing wrong with stock. Just a couple tweaks and life is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgilbert79 View Post
Most people on VZN probably run malladus which is deodexed. Stock is a waste of time when Malladus is superior. It's like 1.2 GB with lgapps and gapps included vs. 2.5 gb

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

garywojdan81
Old
Thanks Meter 428
Stock here as well, All good.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to garywojdan81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stu5797
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Is there a way to have the phone make a noise every time I put it on the charger?
Current Devices:
Unlocked on T-Mobile $30 plan: Nexus 5
Verizon: LG G2 (underrated) Note 3 w/ Galaxy Gear, Note 2, Palm Pre 3, Palm Pre 2
Sprint Phones: Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Nexus S 4g, Photon, every Palm phone available...