[ROM] Very Unofficial BeanStalk 4.4

Tip us?

thomas.raines
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3147

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM] Very Unofficial BeanStalk 4.4

Since this is still in the alpha testing stages, I'm not going to go with a big OP with all the details. Once we get CM-11.0 working well enough to be used as a daily driver, I will rewprk the OP..

Here it is though, Bean Stalk 4.4. ALPHA.

I know there are issues, but cannot fully test everything myself. So, I need you guys to help us out. I need logs and descriptions of the issues you find. I will update post #2 with bugs, downloads and changelogs as they come in.

Installing:
Make a nandroid backup, then test you nandroid backup.
Wipe, data, cache, dalvik
Wipe /system
Install ROM
If you desire, install gapps. Although, the last version I tested was so laggy it wasn't worht flashing gapps.

Booting back to recovery is a pain in the butt to say the least. But if you boot the ROM, hit the menu button, select System Settings, go to developer options, check the box for Advanced reboot, hold the power button until the options box appears, select reboot, recovery. This will easily boot you into recovery so you can restore your nandroid backup. BE PATIENT! Like I have already stated, the ROM was very laggy when I tested the initial build.

How to get logs:
There are 3 logs that I/we need, logcat, last_kmsg, and dmesg.
For a logcat, it will take some patience:
Once ROM is booted, go to System Settings, Developer Options, tap root access and select Apps and ADB, scroll down a little further and check the box for Android debugging. Then on your computer in terminal type:
Code:
adb logcat
Then manually copy the output to a file on your computer. Upload the output to pastebin.com and post a link in this thread. Please be as descriptive as possible with your findings.
For dmesg log:
Flash and boot ROM
Play with the ROM for a bit, I would suggest enabling adb and debugging, and advanced reboot options during this.
DO NOT TURN OFF THE PHONE
Boot into recovery
Make sure /system and /data is mounted
In terminal type:
Code:
adb shell
dmesg
Then manually copy the output to a file on your computer. Upload the output to pastebin.com and post a link in this thread. Please be as descriptive as possible with your findings.
For last_kmesg:
This log is a raw version of dmesg. If you pulled a dmesg, then there isn't much of a need to pull this one. However, there maybe instances that you cannot pull a dmesg. If you encounter this, make sure /system and /data is mounted. In terminal type:
Code:
adb shell
cat /proc/last_kmsg
Some things to note:
When I say "In terminal type", I mean on your computer.
When I say "manually copy the output" that means click on edit on the menu bar of terminal and choose "select all", copy it, open gedit and paste it in there and save the file with an appropriate name.
If someone has already posted the same issue(s) and has provided a log, there is no need to post anything, unless I ask for another log.

Optional:
In an attempt to help things a long a bit, you can make a nandroid of this ROM. Then, when you flash an update, you can restore that nandroid, wipe /system, then flash the update. This will save your settings for adb and advanced reboot.
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thomas.raines
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3147

DONATE TO ME
Default Downloads, changelog and bug tracker

BeanStalk-4.4015-20131212-p930.zip
This is the initial tester. I'm not going to post any bugs or issues until I get feedback from you guys.
Remember, the thanks button is free, but it doesn't hurt to show a dev your appreciation by using the donate button...
My Works
SGS4G: Gummy Mutt, Original Lightning Zap, Lightning Zap Kernel, Gremlin Remover
Blaze 4G: Lightning Zap, ICS 1-Click Starter, OOPS, Quick Recovery, Lightning Zap Kernel
LG Nitro: Lightning Zap
Skyrocket: Lightning Zap! kernel
E4GT: Lightning Zap! kernel

navik
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines View Post
BeanStalk-4.4015-20131212-p930.zip
This is the initial tester. I'm not going to post any bugs or issues until I get feedback from you guys.
Good job! Thanks for your work!
Just Like Dev!
My Phone:i9000--->i9100/U880--->G/G.Pro---->SU640/P930