XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After updating it shows a blank screen

Tip us?

SleepyJay831
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy After updating it shows a blank screen

So I woke up one morning turn on my TV I notice it was updating and thought nothing about it but then it went to a blank screen. I reset it then it wasn't connecting to wifi then I went on my computer and it says that if I did reset it wouldn't connect to my wifi unless I contacted my router provider. Didn't want to go through so I bought a new one. After I set it up and relaunched it went to a black screen again then exchange it and it happened again. It has nothing to do with the device it's the new update. I hope someone knows how to fix it. Please i like chromecast don't want to return it. Someone please help.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyJay831 View Post
So I woke up one morning turn on my TV I notice it was updating and thought nothing about it but then it went to a blank screen. I reset it then it wasn't connecting to wifi then I went on my computer and it says that if I did reset it wouldn't connect to my wifi unless I contacted my router provider. Didn't want to go through so I bought a new one. After I set it up and relaunched it went to a black screen again then exchange it and it happened again. It has nothing to do with the device it's the new update. I hope someone knows how to fix it. Please i like chromecast don't want to return it. Someone please help.
What TV make/model and router make/model are you using?

h20wakebum
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
Mine just "died" too.

Didn't notice if it was updating but basically had been plugged into my TV and working for months, then i tried using and my TV would just say no signal when i switched to that HDMI port.

Called amazon and have a new one on the way.

bummer.

SleepyJay831
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga View Post
I have insignia TV and 2 wire modem.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyJay831 View Post
I have insignia TV and 2 wire modem.
Google says it should work, just requires change to router settings.
Did you add your Chromecast MAC to the allowed list?
https://support.google.com/chromecas..._topic=3205565

Sent from a device with no keyboard. Please forgive typos, they may not be my own.
-- Brandon // Google Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! || Rootable Serial Numbers
Mini-FAQ: What's the big deal with root? || Mini-FAQ: Rooting with FlashCast || Assemble a powered OTG cable
WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations || Not all 1080p/720p is created equal
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

iorga_ciprian
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Fix

Mine seemed to be dead too. I tried reseting the device but without any success. The only fix by now is to remove Chromecast from HDMI, but keep power cable plugged in. So i start my tv without Chromecast being connected to hdmi port, and after the led on the chromescast became steady white, no blinking, i would connect it to it. It worked that way. Had to do this before each time i start my tv. I hope it will help u and hope that google will fix this in future update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iorga_ciprian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thedisch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default re: Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by iorga_ciprian View Post
Mine seemed to be dead too. I tried reseting the device but without any success. The only fix by now is to remove Chromecast from HDMI, but keep power cable plugged in. So i start my tv without Chromecast being connected to hdmi port, and after the led on the chromescast became steady white, no blinking, i would connect it to it. It worked that way. Had to do this before each time i start my tv. I hope it will help u and hope that google will fix this in future update.
This worked!. Thank you very much... Google, give this man a cigar, and fix this bug!!!

ErikJonker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Same problem, same (interim) solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedisch View Post
This worked!. Thank you very much... Google, give this man a cigar, and fix this bug!!!
The solution also worked for me, thanks ! It's clearly a bug

miles_prower
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, Build 14651 is having problems booting up for me too. My CC ends up going "blank" when its plugged into my Yamaha AVR. It works fine when I plug it directly into my TV or if I let it boot up while unplugged from any HDMI port.

My other two CCs on Build 13000 work fine with my AVR.

I posted to this thread about this issue:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post48445263

Sorry for the crosspost.