[Q] Change/Replace TWRP Recovery with CWM (ClockWorkMod) on LG G2

Search This thread

Maxximo88

Jul 4, 2013
Milan (Italy)
Hi guys,
I just want to ask you how could I replace TWRP Recovery with CWM on my LG G2 D802 International?Are there any issue/incompatibility?

I have rooted and installed TWRP, but I have issue with installing CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable (I checked MD5 and downloaded it many times): as I understand is a problem of TWRP compatibility.

Reactions: ayushmaity

Mandelbrot.Benoit

Nov 12, 2010
Missoula
Hi guys,
I just want to ask you how could I replace TWRP Recovery with CWM on my LG G2 D802 International?Are there any issue/incompatibility?

I have rooted and installed TWRP, but I have issue with installing CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable (I checked MD5 and downloaded it many times): as I understand is a problem of TWRP compatibility.

It depends on what you download. If you download the recovery.img you can use the app "flashify" to flash the recovery, or if you download a flashable .zip then flash it in recovery then reboot recovery.

There are also instructions on how to use adb and loki here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449670

Maxximo88

Jul 4, 2013
Milan (Italy)
It depends on what you download. If you download the recovery.img you can use the app "flashify" to flash the recovery, or if you download a flashable .zip then flash it in recovery then reboot recovery.

There are also instructions on how to use adb and loki here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2449670

Mandelbrot.Benoit thanks fot your reply.
I'm interested with the flashable zip, so I just need to download it from Official CWM topic the file called "ZIP FILES - OFFICIAL - TOUCH D802" and flash it from TWRP recovery?

Mandelbrot.Benoit

Nov 12, 2010
Missoula
I'm interested with the flashable zip, so I just need to download it from Official CWM topic the file called "ZIP FILES - OFFICIAL - TOUCH D802" and flash it from TWRP recovery?

I'm not 100% if thats a "lokified" recovery or not. I don't think you'll hurt anything by flashing it. If you can't flash something using that recovery then there is an issue and you can flash another recovery.

Maxximo88

Jul 4, 2013
Milan (Italy)
I'm not 100% if thats a "lokified" recovery or not. I don't think you'll hurt anything by flashing it. If you can't flash something using that recovery then there is an issue and you can flash another recovery.

What do You suggest?
Otherwise, there is also the app called ROM Manger which should automatically flash the CWM.
The important thing is that it does not create problems between recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I used the Flashify app from the play store to switch recoveries with no issues.