5,598,171 Members 44,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] subscriptions to online magazines and papers...

Tip us?

Shadowdh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] subscriptions to online magazines and papers...

Hi all, well we are getting a table for xmas, the note 10.1 and looking forward to many hours playing with them, however one of the things my wife wants to do is read magazines and articles online... now I know you can do that with news papers but can you get subscriptions to online magazines like you do with the hard copies?? if so where would one track these down (would like to get her a voucher where she could select 2 or 3 or so of her favourites)... many thanks...
Phone: MDA Vario III/SE Xperia X1/HD2
ROM: Duttys 6.1 Build 5.2.19716UC/stock X1 ROM/stock1.66
Radio: 1.58.21.23/not sure/2_09_51_03

mrbogusbaxter
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowdh View Post
Hi all, well we are getting a table for xmas, the note 10.1 and looking forward to many hours playing with them, however one of the things my wife wants to do is read magazines and articles online... now I know you can do that with news papers but can you get subscriptions to online magazines like you do with the hard copies?? if so where would one track these down (would like to get her a voucher where she could select 2 or 3 or so of her favourites)... many thanks...
a lot of bonus additional online access/content associated with a hard copy subscription is usually provided by the publisher themselves. Most digital subscriptions from Google, Zinio, etc...are usually sold solo based on digital subscription only. You might want to check with each publication you currently receive hard copy on.

Shadowdh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbogusbaxter View Post
a lot of bonus additional online access/content associated with a hard copy subscription is usually provided by the publisher themselves. Most digital subscriptions from Google, Zinio, etc...are usually sold solo based on digital subscription only. You might want to check with each publication you currently receive hard copy on.
Thanks for the info... currently we dont get any hard copy subscription, just as and when she sees something she buys it... was just thinking if we could get an online subscription only using a voucher type thing so she can pick something she likes (no way am I going to try to choose lol) that would have been handy... cheers again...
Phone: MDA Vario III/SE Xperia X1/HD2
ROM: Duttys 6.1 Build 5.2.19716UC/stock X1 ROM/stock1.66
Radio: 1.58.21.23/not sure/2_09_51_03

d4rkkn16ht
Old
(Last edited by d4rkkn16ht; 16th December 2013 at 09:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 23
I've been using Zinio for months now & you can find free coupons on the internet.
Zinio also gives daily deals for members & special gifts for subscribers.
I've subscribed 2 Magazines & got 5 free subscriptions (searched on google).

For online articles, there are many Free online article apps for Android.
Feedly, AOL, Y!News, Google Play Newsstand & Flipboard are a few apps I use to read online Articles (there are many more)