XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Chromecast & Nexus 7 Casting Problems

Tip us?

Cares
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Default [Q] Chromecast & Nexus 7 Casting Problems

So I'm having issues with my Nexus 7 casting to my TV. I can cast fine if I have my tablet on and active but once I turn off the screen and set it aside, whatever I'm casting will only go for a minute or so before cutting off. It seems as if my WiFi is turning off and telling Chromecast to stop playing. I have already made sure to "Keep WiFi On Always" and also disabled "WiFi Optimization." The odd thing is that I do not have this issue with my HTC One.

I've tested this with Pandora, Songza, and Viki. I have also clean flashed stock OTA, CleanROM, and CM11. All no luck. The only solution I have found is to use an app called REGPON wifi KeepAlive. Does anyone else have a similar experience that can help me so that I'm not dependent on this app?

Cares
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Nobody else owns an N7 with a Chromecast and has issues?

etoile
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cares View Post
Nobody else owns an N7 with a Chromecast and has issues?
Hi,

I am also having the same issue with Viki. It is happening not just only on Nexus 7 but also on Nexus 5 too. I realized that other than Google apps the rest of the apps have this issue.

Liferules
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm having the exact same problem, whether using my Windows 8.1 PC or Nexus 7, but does NOT occur with HBO GO, but does with Pandora, Songa. Haven't figured out the solution yet.

Spunky_Monkey
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Under WiFi advanced settings, check the keep WiFi on during sleep setting is set to always.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app