[Q] So confused...

Tip us?

jparnell8839
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] So confused...

Ok, so please forgive me for this. I'm used to Samsung devices, and rooting/custom recovery is as simple as "Download this, flash through Odin, Easy as pie".

So I have my brother's P769. He had rooted it, but was unsure how to install CWM on it. Me, being completely ignorant of unlocking the bootloader, was able to get CWM on it and flash CM10.2. Which, of course, gave me the LG Security Error. Been stuck for many a day trying to get back to V20F_00. It doesn't help that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to install the omap4 drivers in Windows 8.1, and reserving USB devices to Virtualbox is a pain in the (insert desired graphical descriptor here:_______).

So, I am just trying to clarify the steps to get my brother the CyanogenMod he so desires.

From Stock:
  1. Root device
  2. Unlock Bootloader
  3. Install CWM
  4. Flash CM from CWM

Is this a correct assumption?
Dont forget to click if I helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanogen View Post
I mean this with the utmost respect: go eat a bowl of dicks.
[App] CM 10.2's Project Nemesis Focal Camera App

flyers00
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnell8839 View Post
Ok, so please forgive me for this. I'm used to Samsung devices, and rooting/custom recovery is as simple as "Download this, flash through Odin, Easy as pie".

So I have my brother's P769. He had rooted it, but was unsure how to install CWM on it. Me, being completely ignorant of unlocking the bootloader, was able to get CWM on it and flash CM10.2. Which, of course, gave me the LG Security Error. Been stuck for many a day trying to get back to V20F_00. It doesn't help that there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to install the omap4 drivers in Windows 8.1, and reserving USB devices to Virtualbox is a pain in the (insert desired graphical descriptor here:_______).

So, I am just trying to clarify the steps to get my brother the CyanogenMod he so desires.

From Stock:
  1. Root device
  2. Unlock Bootloader
  3. Install CWM
  4. Flash CM from CWM

Is this a correct assumption?
Welcome JP,getting a break from the Blaze. I've had this beast for a week and I'm ready to crush the phone. So far I've been able to root and remove T-Mobile bloatware.

I've tried to unlock the boot loader many times and no luck. I've read thru the guides and the result is the same.

I sitting patiently to see if the devs can solve the mystery of the bootloader. I can't wait for the day so I can leave the stock Rom. Hope all is well

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
TMOBILE Samsung Blaze 4G SGH-T769
8GB Class 4 SD
The Following User Says Thank You to flyers00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thehritzinator
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've had this phone almost a year. As far as the unlocking bootloader goes, it seems like some p769s just aren't unlockable, no matter what method used. Mine is one of those. It may never be able to be unlocked. Just throwing that out there.

THIS link will show you the most common way to unlock the bootloader. It has simple directions and even a video. The only problem is that it doesn't work on some devices, such as mine, so just be wary. And many people in the thread have managed to get results by modifying the instructions, but others have not had any luck.

Good luck! Hope yours works
The Following User Says Thank You to thehritzinator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LaDY Vengeance
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Welcome to the dark pits of xda hell....LMAO! :sly:

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LaDY Vengeance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flyers00
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDY Vengeance View Post

This is as bad as when I had the Cliq XT , that was a beast as well. That was a replacement phone as well. Hopefully the devs can crack it
8GB Class 4 SD

jparnell8839
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehritzinator View Post
I've had this phone almost a year. As far as the unlocking bootloader goes, it seems like some p769s just aren't unlockable, no matter what method used. Mine is one of those. It may never be able to be unlocked. Just throwing that out there.

THIS link will show you the most common way to unlock the bootloader. It has simple directions and even a video. The only problem is that it doesn't work on some devices, such as mine, so just be wary. And many people in the thread have managed to get results by modifying the instructions, but others have not had any luck.

Good luck! Hope yours works
That's the link I found, and thought "There's no way it's that complicated!"

HTC uses a dev key. I don't remember Moto's method, but it was simple. Samsung is ridiculously simple. Why is LG so complicated? This has only re-enforced my idea of "Never get an LG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDY Vengeance View Post

Lol thanks! I'm starting to believe it :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers00 View Post
This is as bad as when I had the Cliq XT , that was a beast as well. That was a replacement phone as well. Hopefully the devs can crack it
This is the worst phone, as far as modding goes, I've ever seen. I haven't experienced many devices, but geez. Heck, hacking a SGS2 i777 with a faulty USB board was easier than this, and I couldn't even access recovery without ADB commands (because it thought a USB cable was plugged in even when it wasn't, was going to download mode) and couldn't enable ADB (because it thought a cable was plugged). I had to use SQLite hacks to force ADB to enable.

However, I've never let anything stop me before. I'm a world-champion Googler, and so I will crack this :P will probably take me a while, but meh.
Dont forget to click if I helped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanogen View Post
I mean this with the utmost respect: go eat a bowl of dicks.
[App] CM 10.2's Project Nemesis Focal Camera App

flyers00
Old
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnell8839 View Post
That's the link I found, and thought "There's no way it's that complicated!"

HTC uses a dev key. I don't remember Moto's method, but it was simple. Samsung is ridiculously simple. Why is LG so complicated? This has only re-enforced my idea of "Never get an LG"

Lol thanks! I'm starting to believe it :P

This is the worst phone, as far as modding goes, I've ever seen. I haven't experienced many devices, but geez. Heck, hacking a SGS2 i777 with a faulty USB board was easier than this, and I couldn't even access recovery without ADB commands (because it thought a USB cable was plugged in even when it wasn't, was going to download mode) and couldn't enable ADB (because it thought a cable was plugged). I had to use SQLite hacks to force ADB to enable.

However, I've never let anything stop me before. I'm a world-champion Googler, and so I will crack this :P will probably take me a while, but meh.
Congrats on coming into teh darkside. I know you are world class Googler and if you find something or come up with something, I am in to help the cause. I was a guinea pig with the Blaze so why not here. Good luck with your Google skills
8GB Class 4 SD

Tags
bootloader, p769 cwm, p769 root, stock