XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] storage help

Tip us?

Frenkel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] storage help

Hello I am looking for a Rom or whatever that would make my sd card the phone storage instead the 500mb u get with the phone

Frenkel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Up

psxpetey
Old
Thanks Meter 82
There are a couple of apps that can do it they basically just link to your external try directory binder

Sent from my LT28i using xda app-developers app
Rooting your tab? terminal not popping up? try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010074

Frenkel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hey i got link2sd and more things but that doesnt help i got 30 mb left.

RobinHood_3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenkel View Post

What you are asking is impossible, you can´t make bigger the space of you´re phone, using the sd card.

Allthough you can try to use some applications to move the apps to you're SD, apps like Link2Sd(You need root) or more.

Also you can root you´re mobile and use titanium backup to delete apps you don´t need and you can´t remove,normally, but attention, if you remove some apps you´re phone can stop working.

I hope i helped!

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 418
If you have unlocked bootloader, you can flash Lupus GB kernel. It have 640MB data partition. And with the help of Link2SD (to move as much apps as you can to SD) it should be enough for some time
You could also partition SD card so apps2sd or link2sd can use it expand storage but is somehow harder to setup. You might check http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...d_partitioning

ryanl2299
Old
(Last edited by ryanl2299; 13th December 2013 at 04:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenkel View Post
Are you rooted? If so get titanium backup pro (it's worth the $6 or $7). There's an option for moving dalvik-cache to /cache in there. Depending on phone, you can free up 80-100 MB of space by doing this. Here is the manual method, but it may not work on a lot of devices. Lack of space on these phones was my driving force for rooting it. I'm not certain about this (maybe someone who knows can chime it), but I believe making a separate small ext3 partition for your apps (something like 1-2GB) on your SD card helps out with speed of apps stored on there using link2sd.