5,600,664 Members 35,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lots of Big hype about 4.3 Not really! !

Tip us?

lojak29
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default Lots of Big hype about 4.3 Not really! !

Who really even care about about 4.3 its nothing special ... doesn't even hardly change the ui interface. ..Unless a OS
Update drastically changes the look of the ui like it did when we went from gingerbread to ics then it's nothing great .
Our phones aren't really physically gonna change were not gonna magically get an ir blaster feature or LG knock on feature for instance Just cause of an Os update . ..it's never that dramatic using 4.3 vs 4.1.2 is nearly the same .
All does for me is make the settings menu more difficult to browse thru.
It just more problematic then anything
Especially for the Knox issue ... everyone takes these Ota updates more @ more just like apple fans take ios updates and to there dissatisfaction they Realize in some way apple has become even more of a dictator with every new ios or Samsung has once again Walked one further step away from being open sourced.
It's all about control .
Hope people can see the point of when a and why it's occasionally worth and also not worth taking an update.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

PhxDroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 103
It's really difficult for me to even compare an update from android to one from apple. It may not seem like much now (4.3 compared to 4.1.2) but wait till our Devs release their new roms. Most have been working on newer S4/N3 rom's and will do whatever possible to bring the functionality to us. Also if you think Knox creates a big headache for android modding, try looking into what progress jailbreaks have made from even 6.x iOS's..Tethered Jailbreak's are a joke.. give it a couple of weeks

Macklessdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
nail has been hit on the proverbial head

op you have spoken the truth

safeplayer22
Old
Thanks Meter 92
It might not seem big but for me the update on the samsung keyboard alone was big...lol..now it has auto-correct!
yeah but other than that, idk if there is much change...maybe better battery life?

lojak29
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
My op was straight to the cut... the amount of control you gain to loose is more then the amount you gain from taking 4.3 as it stands now ...
Headaches ... Knox issue , saddened in dismay with no ui change ,MEGA battery issues .No more 4.1.2 based roms EVER...And you've signed your note 2 life away to be controlled at Samsungs desire .

This is also noted on sprint forum about 4.3 Every forum for that matter .
Just stay with 4.1.2 base and flash 4.3 roms

I Rest my case .

ungraph
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojak29 View Post
My op was straight to the cut... the amount of control you gain to loose is more then the amount you gain from taking 4.3 as it stands now ...
Headaches ... Knox issue , saddened in dismay with no ui change ,MEGA battery issues .No more 4.1.2 based roms EVER...And you've signed your note 2 life away to be controlled at Samsungs desire .

This is also noted on sprint forum about 4.3 Every forum for that matter .
Just stay with 4.1.2 base and flash 4.3 roms

I Rest my case .

Our phones are obviously not going to change hardware wise, but 4.3 brought a ton of features along with bugs. It's the norm.

Samsung features aside, 4.3 opens a ton of doors when it comes to accessing some 4.3+ apps. Xposed modules such such as wanam xposed, dashclock from the play store, and several more.

We're now somewhat on par with the Note 3's and S4's features. Quick settings toggles, tabbed settings, TRIM support, galaxy gear support, revamped samsung apps and much more. If you're worried about tripping knox, you should've just waited a day to flash a dev's knox free stock rom.

inkd86
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lojak29 View Post
Who really even care about about 4.3 its nothing special ... doesn't even hardly change the ui interface. ..Unless a OS
Update drastically changes the look of the ui like it did when we went from gingerbread to ics then it's nothing great .
Our phones aren't really physically gonna change were not gonna magically get an ir blaster feature or LG knock on feature for instance Just cause of an Os update . ..it's never that dramatic using 4.3 vs 4.1.2 is nearly the same .
All does for me is make the settings menu more difficult to browse thru.
It just more problematic then anything
Especially for the Knox issue ... everyone takes these Ota updates more @ more just like apple fans take ios updates and to there dissatisfaction they Realize in some way apple has become even more of a dictator with every new ios or Samsung has once again Walked one further step away from being open sourced.
It's all about control .
Hope people can see the point of when a and why it's occasionally worth and also not worth taking an update.

Party pooper

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13093
Keeping the thread slim and trim in regards to 4.3 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561794
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe