5,604,686 Members 34,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Restoring HTC Sync backup from Sense 4 to 5?

Tip us?

Alan Slade
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Restoring HTC Sync backup from Sense 4 to 5?

Good evening.
Yesterday I installed the MaximusHD rom (previously the phone was stock).
I did a backup with HTC before flashing the rom, but when I tried to restore the backup, HTC Sync didn't work.
Now I have my videos, photos and music crypted in .xml files in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\HTC MediaHub\Backup\BR_HT23RW405191 and I can't recover them!
Does somebody have any suggestion please?

tivofool
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Slade View Post
Good evening.
Yesterday I installed the MaximusHD rom (previously the phone was stock).
I did a backup with HTC before flashing the rom, but when I tried to restore the backup, HTC Sync didn't work.
Now I have my videos, photos and music crypted in .xml files in C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\HTC MediaHub\Backup\BR_HT23RW405191 and I can't recover them!
Does somebody have any suggestion please?
HTC Backup does not support photos, videos, music or documents. It backs up settings and apps.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

If you used HTC Sync Manager, which is supposed to backup the files you mentioned, you could return to stock. Restore and then move the files to your PC. Then when you reinstall maximus you could move them that way.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Just thought of something, is USB Debugging enabled on your phone now? That could be the problem.

So in settings>About>Software information>More: keep tapping the build number will activate the dev options

Alan Slade
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tivofool View Post

[/COLOR]If you used HTC Sync Manager, which is supposed to backup the files you mentioned, you could return to stock. Restore and then move the files to your PC. Then when you reinstall maximus you could move them that way.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Just thought of something, is USB Debugging enabled on your phone now? That could be the problem.

So in settings>About>Software information>More: keep tapping the build number will activate the dev options
USB debug is enabled, yes.
When I did the backup, i choosen tht option in HTC sync to backup multimedia files too..
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan Slade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]