5,606,297 Members 31,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon certified replacements

Tip us?

jvcjbl
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm on my 3rd replacement on the HTC One and my Wife is on her 2nd. To make a long story short I had my S4 swapped for the HTC One, so did my Wife. The swap was initiated through the warranty swap. The first phone I received had a gap along the speaker grill on the top by the power button as well as one on the bottom by the charging port. My Wife's first phone had the same issues but chips around the charging port as some scuffs on the bezel. My second replacement showed up with no gaps and cosmetically perfect. The camera was defective. It appeared as the internal lens came loose and the camera wasn't able to focus. If you shook the phone you could hear the lens inside moving around. My Wife's second phone showed up and it is acceptable. If I was to assign a percentage scale to the phones, 100% being a brand new phone, I'd rate it about a 90% as far as condition. My 3rd phone showed up and it has small gap as the first one did, but I just said screw it and put it in a case as the average person probably wouldn't notice it. I'd rate this phone I received about an 85% but functionality 100%. I have had iPhones swapped and never had anything but 100% devices. This goes for my S4 I had swapped as well. The only time I had issues like this was 10 + years ago when I carried the HTC XV6700 that had to be swapped so much for issues that they swapped me to an entirely different device due to their Lemon Policy, which doesn't exist anymore. Sorry if I rambled during this but this experience hasn't been anything other than a pain in the ass with unacceptable devices.

murtaza217
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20

i'll report back when i get mine tomorrow

Dark Jedi
Old
Thanks Meter 570
Out of 10 replacement phones spanning from the original droid to the bolt and the rezound. I only had one phone that was poor quality and that was a bolt the phone looked like someone took sand paper to the case as the gray was rubbed away and the black was showing. Got that replaced no muss no fuss. That was my only issue with cln phones.

Granted it's more the luck of the draw. While I have had really no issues while others has had nothing but issues. One thing for sure is if you get a perfect cln phone and place it side by side with a brand new phone you couldn't tell which was which.

Good luck with your replacement

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

croppz
Old
Thanks Meter 150
The volume buttons on my old DNA were starting to "die off" you could say. Instead of dealing with Verizon, I just bought an HTC one instead. Cost me more money but was better than dealing with their crappy refurbs.

Sent from my HTC One

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by croppz View Post
The volume buttons on my old DNA were starting to "die off" you could say. Instead of dealing with Verizon, I just bought an HTC one instead. Cost me more money but was better than dealing with their crappy refurbs.

Sent from my HTC One
what're you gunna do with the DNA?
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

croppz
Old
Thanks Meter 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
what're you gunna do with the DNA?
Already donated it to a dev in the DNA forum who needed a new one to daily/develop on.

Sent from my HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to croppz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8499

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by croppz View Post
Already donated it to a dev in the DNA forum who needed a new one to daily/develop on.

Sent from my HTC One
That's awesome!! very generous my friend!
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

murtaza217
Old
(Last edited by murtaza217; 14th December 2013 at 03:59 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
So I got my CLN replacement in the mail today. All things considered, this device is in pretty good condition. The only noticeable flaw is that the sim tray doesn't close if its empty. Otherwise its pretty much in better condition than the phone I have now. The lens even has less of a gap around it than my original One. Potential CLNers, don't despair!

BUT the the cam sensor problem is most likely still present; based on the /sys/android_camera/sensor file, the cam module in my phone and the replacement are from about the same time date in june (apparently post september is a solid chance of defect free).

So what i've decided to do, after talking to a vzw tech dude, is to send my original phone to HTC for repair while using the CLN as a loaner until I get it back. All in all, I think its a pretty good resolution.

EDIT:crap i hope my phone doesn't come back 4.3 and unrootable