5,599,135 Members 34,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on boot animation Cromi X 5.2.2 Help

Tip us?

berndblb
Old
(Last edited by berndblb; 12th December 2013 at 07:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPWILL View Post
You have my attention now and I will take your offer to ask questions. So if I understand correctly the bootloader and twrp zip from above will allow to flash them individually? In twrp point to the zip and it gives you options to flash the bootloader without twrp? I would do this:

1. boot into twrp and choose install.
2. choose zip from above
3. choose bootloader only?
4. reboot into rom. let it sit for a few.
5 reboot into twrp
6 choose new twrp?
7 reboot into rom.

Just trying to be clear so no brick...

I would upgrade in goomanager. Thats how I got twrp to begin with. But I have read it doesnt work anymore?
Not quite.
You cannot flash BL or TWRP separately from that package. It's either both or none.
But flashing the package would be the easiest and safest method to get you on a current recovery in my opinion.

GooManager: For a few weeks now Goo did not support flashing recoveries anymore. I've read it often enough that I consider that information confirmed - although I have not tested it myself.
Now - just yesterday I read a post where a user reported that Goo got an update and he flashed TWRP successfully. That's one report I know of - if you want to give it a try, go for it. It can't hurt.
The thing is, to use GooManager you have to root the stock rom you are running.
I don't know if the stock rom you are running is rooted, but why bother if you can just flash sbdags package??

GPWILL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Sounds like choosing _thatv7 from the 5.2.2 also upgrades the bootloader also to 10? I assumed you needed the correct bootloader already installed.
I will give goo a go and see what happens.

GPWILL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Sounds like choosing _thatv7 from the 5.2.2 also upgrades the bootloader also to 10? I assumed you needed the correct bootloader already installed.
Well goomanager didnt work for me. Just sits on "downloading" forever. only option was to upgrade to 2.6.3.1

Off to get fastboot working..

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
_thatv7 is one of the kernel choices - changing a kernel does not do anything to the bootloader.
Look at these elements of the system as parts of an engine: If the bootloader is the starter motor, the kernel may be the distributor.....

Thanks for trying Goo, the score is 1:1
Anyway, to get fastboot working is worth the effort. It's great for troubleshooting or pulling logs and such. It's very helpful to have a working fastboot connection BEFORE you run into some trouble and really need it to work

GPWILL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I guess my question is if I choose _thatv7 will bootloader .8 work? The 10 after the kernel choice is what has put me down this road.

fastboot and adb working. So getting there albeit slowly.

This thread really helped a lot in my learning process..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...14+10+fastboot

Thanks again for all the info and help.

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
I guess my question is if I choose _thatv7 will bootloader .8 work? The 10 after the kernel choice is what has put me down this road.

fastboot and adb working. So getting there albeit slowly.

This thread really helped a lot in my learning process..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...14+10+fastboot

Thanks again for all the info and help.
There's hardly anything different between the. 8 and . 10 bootloader. V7 works fine with either.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GPWILL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
There's hardly anything different between the. 8 and . 10 bootloader. V7 works fine with either.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Update:

Updated TWRP to 2.6.1

fastboot and adb working

Flashed 5.2.2 Cromi-X _thatv7 this time around. (used the advice from above)

Set up apps

I will def nandroid this working config..

All good now.

Thanks to everyone!

FYI I updated goomanager and tried it again on my old setup and it still did not work updating twrp. Stuck on downloading app...
The Following User Says Thank You to GPWILL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LetMeKnow
Old
Thanks Meter 506
Quote:
Update:

Updated TWRP to 2.6.1

fastboot and adb working

Flashed 5.2.2 Cromi-X _thatv7 this time around. (used the advice from above)

Set up apps

I will def nandroid this working config..

All good now.

Thanks to everyone!

FYI I updated goomanager and tried it again on my old setup and it still did not work updating twrp. Stuck on downloading app...
Fastboot is a prefer method to use... I always use fastboot for this stuff. It is fast and easy without any hassle...

How is it running? It should be running very reasonable speed and smoothness...

GPWILL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
Fastboot is a prefer method to use... I always use fastboot for this stuff. It is fast and easy without any hassle...

How is it running? It should be running very reasonable speed and smoothness...
It is running pretty nice. Stock browser and Chrome are a little faster than my stock setup with B2R. I have had a few " laucher has stopped" errors. This happened before I installed any apps with thatV7. Didnt get a single laucher error before on thatv4. Stock laucher. Nice and smooth on apps and such. Both stock browser and chrome are faster but not anything like "WOW". Just a little better. Nice to have it built in. I am going to give this a few more days and see if the laucher errors settle down. If it stablizes I will get another nandroid of it and try the ROM2SD to see if I can get the wow factor going.