[Q] Problems here, problems there, problems everywhere.

Search This thread

hdsqtek

Apr 3, 2007
Hello.

I have a problem. I want to buy the Z1 but I don’t know if I should.

I already bought the Z1 in November. I was setting it up for about 3 days and then my house was robbed and the phone was stolen. I even not had the chance to use it as a phone…
The insurance company is going to cover the stolen Z1.

In the meanwhile I see all over the internet Z1 yellow washed self-cracked screens, asf that cannot be removed because of warranty and it scratch really bad. Problems with overeating, touch screen sensibility, wifi, etc.

So, was this sad episode some kind of divine intervention or it’s a reasonable choice to buy it again?

I liked the Z1, despite of the internal features, because of the glass and aluminum look. I’m looking also to Samsung s4 and note 3 but they look to plastic for top phones. I like HTC One but only in black which is very hard to find. The 5S is also in my mind. I can discard a large display if the device is ergonomic and pocket jeans friendly.

I need to buy a new phone because my WM HTC HD2 is becoming serious outdated. But for a phone with 4 years of daily use it doesn’t have any scratches in the display or in the back. This guy is tough and never failed me.

Long story short I just don’t want to give a lot of money for a piece of sh… top phone! I just want a phone for the next 4 years.

Thank you all !

@ARC-S@

Dec 26, 2012
Baguio
Hello.

I have a problem. I want to buy the Z1 but I don’t know if I should.

I already bought the Z1 in November. I was setting it up for about 3 days and then my house was robbed and the phone was stolen. I even not had the chance to use it as a phone…
The insurance company is going to cover the stolen Z1.

In the meanwhile I see all over the internet Z1 yellow washed self-cracked screens, asf that cannot be removed because of warranty and it scratch really bad. Problems with overeating, touch screen sensibility, wifi, etc.

So, was this sad episode some kind of divine intervention or it’s a reasonable choice to buy it again?

I liked the Z1, despite of the internal features, because of the glass and aluminum look. I’m looking also to Samsung s4 and note 3 but they look to plastic for top phones. I like HTC One but only in black which is very hard to find. The 5S is also in my mind. I can discard a large display if the device is ergonomic and pocket jeans friendly.

I need to buy a new phone because my WM HTC HD2 is becoming serious outdated. But for a phone with 4 years of daily use it doesn’t have any scratches in the display or in the back. This guy is tough and never failed me.

Long story short I just don’t want to give a lot of money for a piece of sh… top phone! I just want a phone for the next 4 years.

Thank you all !

I'm an owner of an Xperia Z1 and I must say it is a beutifully designed phone and a superior camera... But then a major problem that I have with it is that touchscreen does NOT work properly. I think you should wait until the 4.3 update comes and see whether the problem is fixed. But I doubt that this is a software problem so better not buy it till the 4.3 update comes and we'll see whether it fixes the problem. Stay tuned to Z1 XDA so you can be sure.

bogdan wst

Nov 22, 2009
If you even think that Z1 is a piece of sh... top phone, then don't buy it.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stragabenz

Jun 17, 2010
If you even think that Z1 is a piece of sh... top phone, then don't buy it.

He merely stated he is having second thoughts he never said it is a piece of sh*. I feel the same the way I am in the market for a new top end smartphone and I really like the design/features of the Z1 but if you go into the Sony Forums or any other it just seems most users are unhappy and having lots of issues. I understand every smartphone has its own problems but from what I have been reading Sony does not want to acknowledge or fix possible hardware issues that users are facing. This is a very expensive phone and you would expect top notch quality along with service. I will be waiting another month to see what happens before I make my decision.

Last edited:

hdsqtek

Apr 3, 2007
He merely stated he is having second thoughts he never said it is a piece of sh*. I feel the same the way I am in the market for a new top end smartphone and I really like the design/features of the Z1 but if you go into the Sony Forums or any other it just seems most users are unhappy and having lots of issues. I understand every smartphone has its own problems but from what I have been reading Sony does not want to acknowledge or fix possible hardware issues that users are facing. This is a very expensive phone and you would expect top notch quality along with service. I will be waiting another month to see what happens before I make my decision.

i couldn't say it better. thank you !

For the people experiencing problems imagine this: instead of having your Z1 in your hand right now, you have the money you gave for it. Would you buy it again ???

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá

For the people experiencing problems imagine this: instead of having your Z1 in your hand right now, you have the money you gave for it. Would you buy it again ???

I would buy it again(again my only problem is a yellow hue on white backgrounds)

Or to be more precise some white backgrounds look yellowish wheb compared to other phones(Z ultra, Z or iphone 5)

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

bogdan wst

Nov 22, 2009
I would also buy it again.
I must also say that at this moment, i do not have any of the problems stated on this forum (yellow tint, touch screen problem, wi-fi problem).
The major problem that all the z1 users have, is the camera not working with an unlocked bootloader.
But i would still buy it again :)

G

GuestX0057

My Z1 is on it's way to Sony repair right now because of the touchscreen issue but if I knew that this particular problem could be fixed (or that it occurs just in a certain batch) I would in every circumstance buy the Z1 over any other phone on the market right now.

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011
You'll see people *****ing about every little nitpicky thing in every forum of every device on this website. My Z1 is fine.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
My Z1 is on it's way to Sony repair right now because of the touchscreen issue but if I knew that this particular problem could be fixed (or that it occurs just in a certain batch) I would in every circumstance buy the Z1 over any other phone on the market right now.

I think it will come back to you with 4.3 or 4.4.

sofir786

I personally have been pretty lucky, not 1 single issue, screen reaponse is very good, none of the reprted screen issues and im pretty happy with the camera, its the best ive ever used and it meets all my needs and more. I will admit im not too happy about this unlocking the bootloader breaking the camera though, im a bit of a flashaholic but overall im very happy with this device

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013
I personally have been pretty lucky, not 1 single issue, screen reaponse is very good, none of the reprted screen issues and im pretty happy with the camera, its the best ive ever used and it meets all my needs and more. I will admit im not too happy about this unlocking the bootloader breaking the camera though, im a bit of a flashaholic but overall im very happy with this device

Same here with me, not one problem with mine. I don't do rooting or any of that because I'm still learning but when I checked my phone had boot loader unlocked "yes" so I guess I was lucky with that.

I tend to buy phones and sell them on when I get bored with them but I think I'll be keeping the Z1 for a long time. Funny thing is is that I didn't like the Z I had at all.

I also have a Nokia 925 that I love. I have had both the Z1 and 925 since launch and they are both keepers. I have also had a note 2, S4, note 3 and Nokia 1020 this year but sold them all except for the 1020 which I gave to my wife.

brapicoco

May 29, 2011

Very well said, what I think is that Z1 is an excellent device provided that the unit you get is problem free. It's just a matter of hit or miss for a good device. As a Z1 owner (with the touch problem) yeah it's really annoying if you have this and store refuses to acknowledge the problem and worn't replace the unit. Only hope is that the 4.3 update will fix the problem.

Back to the topic, if you think that your z1 being stolen is a divine intervention to not get the z1 again, it's really up to you. It's a great device with a future proof hardware so if you really want it then get it. Just examine the unit carefully, list down the problems that you have read in the forums and how to check them so that you won't be one of the frustrated users who had problems in their units. I wish you luck mate. :good:

G

GuestX0057

Just examine the unit carefully, list down the problems that you have read in the forums and how to check them so that you won't be one of the frustrated users who had problems in their units. I wish you luck mate. :good:
What he said is probably the best advice you can get right now. If working it's an excellent device and whatever you decide, do not order it online.

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
I'm another one just really happy with the phone. I'm on iHacker 1.2 and combined with Greenify it's runs forever. I mean 3days on Battery, just more than fine. If I would buy it again? Absolutely. Is there really an alternative? LG G2, S4, Note 3 are just plastic wrecks to me. And HTC with this ridiculous S-OFF rubbish, thanks I prefer to wait for a bootloader solution which will come for sure very soon.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Yes don't order online or you'll end up like me who cant replace the unit or get the repair free..

Someone said there is a International warranty of 1 year on the device if you have a receipt. I am in the same situation, I do not buy the phone online, I pickup the phone in a small store but in different country in europe. Now if I have to go via warranty I don't know where I have to go.