XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Search in Email App CM11

Tip us?

fegar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default No Search in Email App CM11

Running CM11 nightly build for today 12/12/13, also was running the previous build and everything runs fine except I have no search icon on the default email app. Does anyone else have this issue?

fegar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Just wanted to follow up on this. I thought it might be a KitKat or CM issue so I flashed CM 10.2. Same issue, no search in default exchange mail app. I then flashed one of the LG based roms and same thing. Interesting note that as I was entering the server details I could see the little search Icon on the top but as soon as I entered the server specs it disappeared. I'm beginning to believe that it is something to do with my companies Exchange server now. Also note that when I first received the phone, I was totally stock using the LG email app and search was there. As a work around I have installed the Cloudmagic email app which is pretty good and has the search feature but one grip I have about it is that it doesn't search your companies global contacts like the default app does so your stuck with copying and pasting from another email or just replying to an older one. And before anyone asks, Yes I have tried Touchdown but the $20 asking price is ridiculous IMHO and I just think the interface is retarded. Again, my opinion. If you like it more power to ya!

fegar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fegar View Post
Just wanted to follow up on this. I thought it might be a KitKat or CM issue so I flashed CM 10.2. Same issue, no search in default exchange mail app. I then flashed one of the LG based roms and same thing. Interesting note that as I was entering the server details I could see the little search Icon on the top but as soon as I entered the server specs it disappeared. I'm beginning to believe that it is something to do with my companies Exchange server now. Also note that when I first received the phone, I was totally stock using the LG email app and search was there. As a work around I have installed the Cloudmagic email app which is pretty good and has the search feature but one grip I have about it is that it doesn't search your companies global contacts like the default app does so your stuck with copying and pasting from another email or just replying to an older one. And before anyone asks, Yes I have tried Touchdown but the $20 asking price is ridiculous IMHO and I just think the interface is retarded. Again, my opinion. If you like it more power to ya!
After doing a little more research on this it seems that this might actually be an Android problem.