5,593,248 Members 32,378 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Copy files to the device on twrp?

Tip us?

dav08094194
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Unhappy [Q] Copy files to the device on twrp?

I installed a rom which had a bad install so i was stuck in a boot loop, And no matter what I try i always get the boot loop, Im able to boot into twrp but going to mount im unable to see it on my windows 7 laptop? I have no idea how to push files to the device with adb as im what you'd call a slow learner lol.
Any ideas would be much apreciated.
My Current Device: Gakaxy Note 2 - Omega Rom

Previous devices: Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S2, Xperia Play, Xperia Arc, HTC Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy S,HTC Desire HD, Dell steak, HD2, HTC Hero

crazyboy81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm in the same boat, I didn't install any custom roms but have twrp and this morning a system update was available and I said yes, it went into twrp and did nothing, I recovered and nothing, it'll only go into twrp and nowhere else. HELP!

metapy
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Did you guys look here?

[FIX] Installed TWRP and now you're stuck after OTA?

dav08094194
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboy81 View Post
I'm in the same boat, I didn't install any custom roms but have twrp and this morning a system update was available and I said yes, it went into twrp and did nothing, I recovered and nothing, it'll only go into twrp and nowhere else. HELP!
Thats an easy one compared to me lol. go to advanced, terminal command and type in the following minus the brackets (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota)

Previous devices: Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, HTC Sensation, Galaxy S2, Xperia Play, Xperia Arc, HTC Desire Z, Samsung Galaxy S,HTC Desire HD, Dell steak, HD2, HTC Hero

dav08094194
Old
(Last edited by dav08094194; 13th December 2013 at 09:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by metapy View Post
My problem isnt anything like the bootloop, Ive done a full wipe and now have nothing on my phone to install, adb sideload isnt working for me for some reason as its coming up as adb is not a recognised command? I feel screwed?

EDIT: I may have solved my problem, currently pushing a rom onto the phone with adb sideload