Odin PIT file

Tip us?

BIGSAMDA1ST
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
dude 1. your odin says epic 4g

2 that file your using says 720 not 710. is it even for the s3.
I know it's been a few hours. But you are 100% correct, the file he is using is definitely for the GS4. SPH-L720.

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget...

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1303
Something is screwy here.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1481

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78 View Post
Something is screwy here.
yup. id hate to see someone brick cause of user error. we did what we could. if he doesn't sound back then i guess he realizes he messed up. or is a troll.
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: BeastMode SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1303
Yep, I concur

CorporalMaxSterling
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
dude 1. your odin says epic 4g

2 that file your using says 720 not 710. is it even for the s3.
dude, odin says whatever you want it to - it's just a crap ini file with a title field:

and you're right about it being an L-720 (Galaxy S4) file - but actually it was just mislabeled and I didn't bother fixing it. the other copies I downloaded of CF's auto root didn't work either.

I do have the stock recovery, and tried flashing that, but it didn't work either.

It just doesn't want to write the PIT partition for some reason.

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1481

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalMaxSterling View Post
OK now I'm really confused. It didn't take it the first few tries, but rebooting both computer and phone a couple times got it to flash the PIT file successfully.

So then I closed Odin, disconnected & restarted the phone...

Got back into download mode, re-opened Odin, re-connected USB (to a powered port).

Chose the usual CF auto root I've used a bunch of times (actually the same file I had on the computer from the first time I rooted)...

Missing PIT info again.

what i did was first flash pit. selected repartition. didnt reboot phone. i exited odin then restarted odin. selected pit file again. then as well selected tar flashed with both selected went fine. but im also on odin 3.07 maybe try the newer odin its in the files i linked.
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: BeastMode SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]