5,599,033 Members 31,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S 4 Active USB port cover not seating properly?

Tip us?

Gilberto2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S 4 Active USB port cover not seating properly?

I've had my Galaxy S 4 Active for about a month now and one thing that really concerns me is that the waterproof cover for the USB port is really difficult to insert after charging. It was ok for the first week or so but now I have to try several times before it looks like it's seated properly. I'm concerned that as this port gets opened and closed more than the others it's developed a faulty cover and won't be water/dust proof when I need it to be.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

dibeachdude
Old
Thanks Meter 53
As my cover became more worn, I had to close mine a particular way to get it to seal. I'll do my best to explain it. Grab the cover between your left forefinger and thumb. Bend the cover slightly and show the cover to the left, which forces the little tether to slide into the phone without buckling. Then you can snap the cover closed fully. At least, it works on mine. I used to be able to just pysh it closed when it was new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537)
Stock everything (for now).

Has anybody noticed this. If you take the little water resistant cap off of the USB port on the S4 Active and hold it really close to your ear, you can hear a tiny voice scream, "Unlock me!"

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23806

DONATE TO ME
Questions and help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thanks
FNSM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

ewa12321
Old
Thanks Meter 16
With my phone is the same. I cant close usb cover, left side is raised. At first 2 months cover was sitting perfectly flat in usb slot. I woud like to send it to Samsung but i need my phone, its my only phone. Im avoiding washing my phone under water, if im washing it than im protecting usb and washing only upper part of my phone. I should contact Samsung

from S4 Active Blue Ocean