XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi tether

Tip us?

dok2005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Wifi tether

I hate to sound like such a noob. I havent got wifi tether to work on my [Sprint] HTC ONE MAX. At first i was just rooted and just using the app and couldnt get it to work. Then i wiped everything and use MOM ROM(MIlesOneMax) and i still cant get it to work. Looking on my phone theres no errors in log. Yet i cant find no other device computer, phone, etc... that see my phone for wifi. Am I doing something wrong,

veeeyesee
Old
Thanks Meter 31
drove me crazy for 2 weeks till somebody pointed me to right app, tried every wifi tether released and pdanet/foxfi, the only app that works for me is "wifi tether router" from the playstore....cost almost $2 but it works

dok2005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeeyesee View Post
drove me crazy for 2 weeks till somebody pointed me to right app, tried every wifi tether released and pdanet/foxfi, the only app that works for me is "wifi tether router" from the playstore....cost almost $2 but it works

did u had to put special settings because im not getting this one you recommending to work either

xmind2006
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Great support from the Wifi Teather Router developer, don't be afraid to contact them as they had very quick response for me.

The settings they gave me that worked for my One MAX on Verizon (rooted and s-off) was:

Quote:
Interface wlan0
Method 3 - HostApd
Channel 1
Encryption wpa2-psk
Drivers nl80211
"HostApd Patch" <- UNCHECKED
For $2, it is well worth it instead of trying to get some other free service as a work around:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...errouter&hl=en
The Following User Says Thank You to xmind2006 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrey1985
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I cant get wifi hotspot to work I tried foxfi wifi tether and wifi tether router and they're all No go's i even flashed the hotspot hack and that didn't work for me either.any help?

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrey1985 View Post
I cant get wifi hotspot to work I tried foxfi wifi tether and wifi tether router and they're all No go's i even flashed the hotspot hack and that didn't work for me either.any help?
Post your issue in hotspot hack thread. OP there has been very helpful
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11