5,595,000 Members 39,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab, utter!, Google now, and wired headphones problem

Tip us?

dezined
Old
(Last edited by dezined; 18th December 2013 at 07:11 AM.) Reason: More descriptive title
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tab, utter!, Google now, and wired headphones problem

Hello,

Has anyone had luck using the app utter and wired headphones (no mic) on the tab? I can get the app to work flawlessly with a bt headset, or over speakers, but when I use wired headphones, after the app starts listening I lose all sound. Music, nothing. Problem goes away when I unplug headphones. Tried three different roms, all fresh installs with only the apps required for utter to work.

I have a Galaxy Nexus that doesn't have this problem. I'm starting to think it might be a hardware problem.

Can anyone provide any insight? Or at least tell me if they are having the same issue or not?

Thank you.

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezined View Post
Hello,

Has anyone had luck using the app utter and wired headphones (no mic) on the tab? I can get the app to work flawlessly with a bt headset, or over speakers, but when I use wired headphones, after the app starts listening I lose all sound. Music, nothing. Problem goes away when I unplug headphones. Tried three different roms, all fresh installs with only the apps required for utter to work.

I have a Galaxy Nexus that doesn't have this problem. I'm starting to think it might be a hardware problem.

Can anyone provide any insight? Or at least tell me if they are having the same issue or not?

Thank you.
i haven't used that app but it might be hardware problem

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

dezined
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya rathee View Post
i haven't used that app but it might be hardware problem
The only reason I don't accept that yet is because it works until it asks me to talk and starts listening. Google Now does the same thing. It looks like the audio stream gets confused. With no headphones plugged in, I hear the beep signalling me to start talking. When I use the headphones, I never hear the beep. And again, everything goes back to normal when I unplug the headphones. I can even start the process without headphones, plug headphones in halfway through the tablet talking to me, and hear everything fine, UNTIL it starts listening again.

I don't know much about the software side. Could this be a kernel issue? Being as now I know it's not just the Utter! app, but also Google Now.

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
The only reason I don't accept that yet is because it works until it asks me to talk and starts listening. Google Now does the same thing. It looks like the audio stream gets confused. With no headphones plugged in, I hear the beep signalling me to start talking. When I use the headphones, I never hear the beep. And again, everything goes back to normal when I unplug the headphones. I can even start the process without headphones, plug headphones in halfway through the tablet talking to me, and hear everything fine, UNTIL it starts listening again.

I don't know much about the software side. Could this be a kernel issue? Being as now I know it's not just the Utter! app, but also Google Now.
which kernel do you use

dezined
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
which kernel do you use
I've tried it on espresso, lean kernel, and CM's kernel. I don't get why the audio stream gets muted or changed on the tablet, but it works perfect on my phone.

aditya rathee
Old
Thanks Meter 557
Quote:
I've tried it on espresso, lean kernel, and CM's kernel. I don't get why the audio stream gets muted or changed on the tablet, but it works perfect on my phone.
hmm strange issue
will see what i can suggest you

dezined
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
hmm strange issue
will see what i can suggest you
Have also tried with AOKP rom and kernel. Same issue. Puzzled that this doesn't happen on phone, and that I can't seem to find anyone else with same problem.

mhrlive
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Same strange problem here on my i9300 s3 .. Sound cuts when using earphone, only solution for me is to stop the g. search process and don't press home btn :\\\\ please fix this CM teams i tried everythinggg pfff