5,600,664 Members 35,199 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Frustrated: Keep having to re-flash ROMs after rebooting.

Tip us?

Speedsterspeed277
Old
(Last edited by Speedsterspeed277; 13th December 2013 at 10:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Frustrated: Keep having to re-flash ROMs after rebooting.

Hello first of all I would like to thank all the great developers for the great ROMs out there.

Second I would like to warn everyone that this is a "first world problem rant" that I'm about to write up with a legit frustration I have.

I have a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 from ATT and the only reason I got this phone over any other Android phone is the great camera and the screen.

I absolutely hate TouchWiz. It's bloated, slow and painfully ugly (to me). For this reason I decided to try out Flashing roms.

For the last couple of weeks (months maybe?) I have been using Cyanogenmod 10.1 stable with not many problems. Mostly camera issues but no biggie.

My frustration is the following: CyanogenMod has had two stable updates for my phone to go from 10.1 to 10.2 and, though it flashes perfectly, every time I reboot the phone the phone gets stuck on the "Samsung Custom (lock)" screen and I am forced to go into TWRP and reflash 10.1+Gapp from my SD carfd.. This happens EVERY TIME. With CM10.1 I can restart the phone just fine by the way. It's 10.2 and other Roms that make get stuck on the Samsung Custom (lock) screen.

So i decided to try out Gummy ROM because Kit Kat

I put the ROM in my SD card, Formated, Wiped and Installed. Worked like a charm until the camera wasnt working that well. I read the forums and said to restart to fix the camera.. Guess what?...AGAIN....Stuck on Samsung Custom (lock) screen.

My frustrations is that pretty much EVERY Rom that I have tried minus CM10.1 has done this to me and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I have tried battery pulls, waiting 30 seconds, wiped dalvik, cache, etc. Fixed Permissions....everything and I have to reflash the ROMs almost 99% of the time unless I use CM10.1. I am tired of reading forums to fix this so here I am asking for your help.

/endrant

I have no idea what else to do so any help would be great.

INFO:

Current ROM: Gummy 1.1-11-21-13-UNOFFICIAL

Android 4.4

Baseband version
I3377UCUAMDL

Kernel Version
3.4 g0-Elite-Kernel-ga719cb

Build Number:
KRT16S

Google Apps:
Gapps-Kk-20131113.Zip

TWRP Version
I have no idea and I'm not about to restart phone and go through the pain of reflashing the ROM again as I just did. I will punch so many babies if I have to do this again!'

Thanks for listening.

prsterero
Old
Thanks Meter 582
First, if you have an ATT phone then you should be posting there. Have you tried hitting the home button and waiting a few seconds? If you're flashing Verizon stuff to an ATT phone that could also be causing issues.

prshosting.org

Speedsterspeed277
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 9859834534

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsterero View Post
First, if you have an ATT phone then you should be posting there. Have you tried hitting the home button and waiting a few seconds? If you're flashing Verizon stuff to an ATT phone that could also be causing issues.

prshosting.org
Oh man! So sorry, just realized this was a Verizon Forum, I got a bit lost in the tabs and thought this was the General forum for Samsung Galaxy S4.

And I have installed mainly ATT ROMs in my phone and usually stable ROMs as well.

Do you think it's TWRP causing the problem?

prsterero
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedsterspeed277 View Post
Oh man! So sorry, just realized this was a Verizon Forum, I got a bit lost in the tabs and thought this was the General forum for Samsung Galaxy S4.

And I have installed mainly ATT ROMs in my phone and usually stable ROMs as well.

Do you think it's TWRP causing the problem?
It could be. There have been people that get weird issues with twrp so you may want to test out a different recovery to see if the issue persists.

prshosting.org