5,597,501 Members 31,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem installing Gapps

Tip us?
 
pofotiou
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Volos-Greece
Default [Q] Problem installing Gapps

Hello everybody!
I have the following problem:each time i want to install Gapps after a new Rom installation,my phone shuts down..
Has anyone the same problem?
Thanks
 
xsenman
Old
#2  
xsenman's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2133
Posts: 3,920
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by pofotiou View Post
Hello everybody!
I have the following problem:each time i want to install Gapps after a new Rom installation,my phone shuts down..Has anyone the same problem?Thanks
you should flash ROM and Gapps before you reboot phone, like this and always use the developers signed or recommended gapps as mentioned in their thread

 
Rohitdahiya
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pofotiou View Post
Hello everybody!
I have the following problem:each time i want to install Gapps after a new Rom installation,my phone shuts down..
Has anyone the same problem?
Thanks
Make sure you are doing all the 3 wipes(data+cache+dalvik cache) before flashing the ROMs.
Also try the different g apps file as your g apps file may be corrupted.
* instead is writing thanks, press the thanks
button as it matters a lot to me (only if you feel
I helped you )

Motorola c100--> Nokia 1100--> Spice S8--> Motorola L7--> Nokia 5310 XpressMusic--> Nokia 1200--> Nokia 5800 XpressMusic--> HTC Desire A8181--> Samsung Galaxy S i9000--> Nokia E7--> Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100-->
Samsung Galaxy S i9000 (Currently using <3 and found no reason to switch to any other smartphone because of awesome xda development)
 
pofotiou
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Volos-Greece
I'm doing all the 3 wipes,i flash the rom and immetiately after rom installation i try to install gapps and the phone shuts down.
I also tried other gapps files but it didnt work.
 
tetakpatak
Old
#5  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1063
Posts: 2,220
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lucerne
Quote:
Originally Posted by pofotiou View Post
I'm doing all the 3 wipes,i flash the rom and immetiately after rom installation i try to install gapps and the phone shuts down.
I also tried other gapps files but it didnt work.
Strange!
If you didn't download from the links in the opening post, can you post here the links where did you download the files from? Do it without www on the beginning as new users aren't allowed to post the links.
 
pofotiou
Old
(Last edited by pofotiou; 13th December 2013 at 12:12 AM.)
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Volos-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak View Post
Strange!
If you didn't download from the links in the opening post, can you post here the links where did you download the files from? Do it without www on the beginning as new users aren't allowed to post the links.
In this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2542902 is the rom and the gapps im trying to install and the other gapps file is in this link forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2240652 .
Both gapps files didnt work (the phone shut down).
 
tetakpatak
Old
#7  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1063
Posts: 2,220
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lucerne
Unless you are trying to install a 4.4 based ROM, did you try with those as well?

http://goo.im/gapps
 
pofotiou
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Volos-Greece
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak View Post
Unless you are trying to install a 4.4 based ROM, did you try with those as well?

http://goo.im/gapps
I didnt try with these.
I tried with 4.3 and 4.2 based roms and the problem is the same..
 
tetakpatak
Old
#9  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1063
Posts: 2,220
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lucerne
Quote:
Originally Posted by pofotiou View Post
I didnt try with these.
I tried with 4.3 and 4.2 based roms and the problem is the same..
The link I sent you is for the Gapps used by official developers of CyanogenMod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...