XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WP8 store updates problem

Tip us?

bogdan99999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default [Q] WP8 store updates problem

Hello. I have lumia 520 and I have a small problem.

My store don't show me the updates of my apps. Foe exemple when I enter into the store it don't show me any update, but if I search for "HERE Maps" (for example) there show me that app can be update.

My question is: how can I make it to show updates directly? It is not a great method to search for an app and to see if she has an update or not...

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2480
Is the Store tile pinned to the Start screen? It's OK to make it small, but it *might* not automatically check if you don't do that (not sure).
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2480
Oh, and do you have a data plan? The phone checks automatically in the background at certain times of day; if it has no connection at those times, it skips the check and waits for the next scheduled check.

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

bogdan99999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Is the Store tile pinned to the Start screen? It's OK to make it small, but it *might* not automatically check if you don't do that (not sure).
I have store pinned to start screen and it is small (not medium, not large). It is ok to keep it like soo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie View Post
Oh, and do you have a data plan? The phone checks automatically in the background at certain times of day; if it has no connection at those times, it skips the check and waits for the next scheduled check.
And users can modify that time? I mean, can I modify the hour when it checks for updates? Or how can I know when it do that?

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2480
I think it's determined by when the phone was set up originally (OOBE or Out Of Box Experience). I don't know for sure though; that's just a guess. In any case, I don't know of any way to change it.

WP8 projects:
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects: