5,597,261 Members 39,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint system update. I'm rooted and stock. What to do?

Tip us?

o0adam0o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default Sprint system update. I'm rooted and stock. What to do?

So I have a System Update waiting. I'm rooted and stock rom. I have titanium backup and froze various apps. I have stock recovery.

I will lose root by installing this right? Will all my apps be defrosted with this update? Should I defrost them myself before updating?

Anything else I should do before taking this update? A little nervous about it.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

o0adam0o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Bump bump bump

Sorry I'm home sick with the flu and want to take care of this today that I'll be home.

WhiteZero
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I asked the same thing here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567071

I unrooted and tried to take the OTA, it seemed to start flashing but then rebooted and I'm still on ZV7
LG G2 (LS980) - Stock, Rooted
Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteZero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

o0adam0o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteZero View Post
I asked the same thing here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2567071

I unrooted and tried to take the OTA, it seemed to start flashing but then rebooted and I'm still on ZV7
So confusing. I can't get a solid answer.

I'm even considering flashing the radio/modem to the newest one. But I'd need to install a recovery.

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0adam0o View Post
So confusing. I can't get a solid answer.

I'm even considering flashing the radio/modem to the newest one. But I'd need to install a recovery.

If your stock and just rooted you can flash the ota if you don't have a custom recovery...or if you do have a custom recovery you can flash a stock ROM in Sprint development that has root and ota update included....also comes in odex or deodex...
The Following User Says Thank You to RubbleTea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

o0adam0o
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
So I just accepted the OTA. Everything went smoothly. Lost root but quickly rooted again. I'm a happy camper.

crazyboy81
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have TWRP on a stock rooted and received that update this morning, it rebooted into recovery and did nothing, and since then I'm stuck in recovery. Nothing works, flashing, recovering, every reboot sends me back into recovery.

Deejayadhd
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboy81 View Post
I have TWRP on a stock rooted and received that update this morning, it rebooted into recovery and did nothing, and since then I'm stuck in recovery. Nothing works, flashing, recovering, every reboot sends me back into recovery.

i did the same damn thing this morning, phone said i had a system update when i woke up and half asleep i accepted it. tried flashing several roms i had on the phone and restoring some twrp backups but keep getting booted back into recovery. is there any hope?

RubbleTea
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejayadhd View Post
i did the same damn thing this morning, phone said i had a system update when i woke up and half asleep i accepted it. tried flashing several roms i had on the phone and restoring some twrp backups but keep getting booted back into recovery. is there any hope?
Yahplenty of hope you could try the fix in the android development section and if not restore to stock in the general forum....

esoh
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbleTea View Post
Yahplenty of hope you could try the fix in the android development section and if not restore to stock in the general forum....
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

This is thread.