5,606,779 Members 38,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Sticky tutorial for rooting on the current firmware?

Tip us?
 
duboisbrian
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default No Sticky tutorial for rooting on the current firmware?

just thought would be a good idea for someone with the vast knowledge on rooting and the different options

all there is

[Video Guide] How To Root Galaxy S4 I337 / I337m Easy & User Friendly [ 1 2 3 ... Last ] which just shows motochoper and is super old


im wondering if there is a root that wont trip knox an updated rooting sticky would be usefull to alot i believe

from what iv read so far was u can still us

cf autoroot but that will trip knox

iv been searching threw some other topics as once again no current stickies

anyways whats up with this method KINGO

this is a " " from someone else but not sure what to make of it is this a NEW safe method to root a mk6 bell s4 without tripping knox??

Kingo, against xda policy. Google kingo root, you'll find it. Cancel the knox pop up during root. After reboot, update supersu binaries, via normal method, and choose not to let supersu disable knox. Install titanium backup, freeze all knox processes using guides found here. Busybox, etc all works. If u install custom recovery, youll trip knox. Right now, just root is safe. Not responding to more root stuff, use the help forum for that, this thread is for stock fw. Lets not hijack it



anyways long story short a few updates stickys on rooting current firmware and the good and the bad would help

id post them myself but im only 3 months into android so just learning

thanks
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#2  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 400
Posts: 843
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
just thought would be a good idea for someone with the vast knowledge on rooting and the different options

all there is

[Video Guide] How To Root Galaxy S4 I337 / I337m Easy & User Friendly [ 1 2 3 ... Last ] which just shows motochoper and is super old


im wondering if there is a root that wont trip knox an updated rooting sticky would be usefull to alot i believe

from what iv read so far was u can still us

cf autoroot but that will trip knox

iv been searching threw some other topics as once again no current stickies

anyways whats up with this method KINGO

this is a " " from someone else but not sure what to make of it is this a NEW safe method to root a mk6 bell s4 without tripping knox??

Kingo, against xda policy. Google kingo root, you'll find it. Cancel the knox pop up during root. After reboot, update supersu binaries, via normal method, and choose not to let supersu disable knox. Install titanium backup, freeze all knox processes using guides found here. Busybox, etc all works. If u install custom recovery, youll trip knox. Right now, just root is safe. Not responding to more root stuff, use the help forum for that, this thread is for stock fw. Lets not hijack it



anyways long story short a few updates stickys on rooting current firmware and the good and the bad would help

id post them myself but im only 3 months into android so just learning

thanks
The reason no stickies have been made/updated is probably because there are no confirmed safe methods. Kingo claims to have removed malicious code but it is still banned from XDA. There is a safe root available in the Verizon section that I believe works: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
The reason this hasn't been linked here is probably because it's new and few people check both sections for development progress. Also, I'm not sure if it's confirmed for us either.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
 
jh64dsb877r
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 118
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
The reason no stickies have been made/updated is probably because there are no confirmed safe methods. Kingo claims to have removed malicious code but it is still banned from XDA. There is a safe root available in the Verizon section that works: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758
The reason this hasn't been linked here is probably because it's new and few people check both sections for development progress.
It's been linked multiple times, just a matter of time before the root guides get updated.

Wait a a few days, and it'll happen.
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#4  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 400
Posts: 843
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh64dsb877r View Post
It's been linked multiple times, just a matter of time before the root guides get updated.

Wait a a few days, and it'll happen.
I meant linked in the actual guides, but yeah, I'm sure it will.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
 
duboisbrian
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2013
iv searched and read

that kingo addressed the imei issue xda had with them

what other issue does xda have with kingo that they are yet to address..??
 
DeadlySin9
Old
#6  
DeadlySin9's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 400
Posts: 843
Join Date: Sep 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by duboisbrian View Post
iv searched and read

that kingo addressed the imei issue xda had with them

what other issue does xda have with kingo that they are yet to address..??
There were a few concerns between VROOT and Kingo, both connecting to a Chinese server, and the sending of IMEI's and other phone information along with pulling some binaries and the suspicious superuser app from VROOT. Another reason is that despite saying they are safe and have been fixed, they are both closed source and the devs will not reveal their methods. So basically it's all been shady business and XDA has left it up to users to decide if they want to take the risk and not endorse the program at all themselves.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
 
duboisbrian
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2013
okay i see

and i dont blame them for not wanting to reveal there methods as there is obviously some sort of money in doing this for them

and if they opened it up to xda devs then anybody can make another root process and kingo would loose all the traffic on there site




wondering why no xda devs can figure out root process when china can

guess shina smarter again lol

anyways thanks for all the info and help
love this forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...