XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 OTA update

Tip us?

gsmyth
Old
Thanks Meter 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco View Post
Just applied the 4.2.2 OTA to my WiFi N7 2012 and noticed that the System ROM size is 670MB. Was this the default System ROM size for previous ROM versions? I never paid attention to the System ROM size before, but I was about to integrate a couple apps using Titanium Backup and got a message saying that I did not have enough room to integrate the app. I had integrated some of these apps before without running into a storage room problem. Also, how can I determine the version of the bootloader that's currently being used?
You can see your boot loader version when you boot into fastboot/boot loader.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 - GoldenEye
Nexus 7 32GB WiFi 2012 - Stock rooted 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmyth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jithumon
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chand9336 View Post
Are you talking about grouper/nexus 7 2012?
Actually I bricked my nexus 7 while flashing to stock. I have to wait till it gets replaced(In replacement guarantee ).
In nexus 4, it is 3.4
after reading above posts, in nexus 7, it remains 3.1

O2Blevel
Old
(Last edited by O2Blevel; 11th December 2013 at 03:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamanaco View Post
Just applied the 4.2.2 OTA to my WiFi N7 2012 and noticed that the System ROM size is 670MB. Was this the default System ROM size for previous ROM versions? I never paid attention to the System ROM size before, but I was about to integrate a couple apps using Titanium Backup and got a message saying that I did not have enough room to integrate the app. I had integrated some of these apps before without running into a storage room problem. Also, how can I determine the version of the bootloader that's currently being used?
Mine has alsays been 670MB. Before updatng to kitkat I had 100MB free, now it's down to 28 MB. I'm not sure if I'll be able to update to 4.4.2 but It's such a minor update I'm not in any hurry.
Nexus 7
Kernel: Stock
ROM: Stock 4.4
LG Optimus Slider
Kernel: GingerKernel
ROM: Mobster

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and fearful master.'
George Washington

Nomad_KZ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi. Can anyone confirm failed attempts to flash the latest TWRP (I hope mine was the latest) to N7 with 4.4.2 in order to regain the root? And I will appreciate solution for that issue. Thanks!

Thanks.

Отправлено из моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

gsmyth
Old
Thanks Meter 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_KZ View Post
Hi. Can anyone confirm failed attempts to flash the latest TWRP (I hope mine was the latest) to N7 with 4.4.2 in order to regain the root? And I will appreciate solution for that issue. Thanks!

Thanks.

Отправлено из моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
I use clock work mod with no problems, I lost recovery and root after flashing the ota, but flashed clockwork using wugs tool kit and then flashed supersu in recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 - GoldenEye
Nexus 7 32GB WiFi 2012 - Stock rooted 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to gsmyth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chubiprince
Old
Thanks Meter 0
With 4.4.2, I still cant use and default any sms app!

tamanaco
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2Blevel View Post
Mine has alsays been 670MB. Before updatng to kitkat I had 100MB free, now it's down to 28 MB. I'm not sure if I'll be able to update to 4.4.2 but It's such a minor update I'm not in any hurry.
Thanks for verifying that the size of the System ROM has always been 670MB. After updating and integrating some of the Google Apps that come with the 4.4.2 ROM... I ended up with 11.1MB left. I was able to integrate the one app that didn't fit (Hangouts) by removing the existing one from the ROM using Titanium, installing the updated version and then moving it back to the ROM using Apps2ROM. Everything should be fine. My understanding is that the System ROM partition is read-only and that no space from it is allocated during run-time.

Jazd71
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Seem to have lost option for voice typing since update?! Tried to find info on here but couldn't

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

SMARTT3CH
Old
(Last edited by SMARTT3CH; 14th December 2013 at 05:58 AM.) Reason: needed to correct format
Thanks Meter 0
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazd71 View Post
Seem to have lost option for voice typing since update?! Tried to find info on here but couldn't

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
It gets disabled once you update, easy fix which is to:

Settings - Language and Input - Check Google Voice Typing