XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] charging question??!!

Tip us?

freckzula
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] charging question??!!

I have noticed since I had my HTC one way before rooted it always had a stupid charging problem.. Is there any patch, ROM anything that will allow any charger to charge phone at normal speeds? I hate looking for factory charger every time and also slow charge in my truck... Any options out there??

Chilidog
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckzula View Post
I have noticed since I had my HTC one way before rooted it always had a stupid charging problem.. Is there any patch, ROM anything that will allow any charger to charge phone at normal speeds? I hate looking for factory charger every time and also slow charge in my truck... Any options out there??
There's custom kernels that you can flash where you can force enable fast charge. This will always have your phone charge fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chilidog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freckzula
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post
There's custom kernels that you can flash where you can force enable fast charge. This will always have your phone charge fast.
Will it work with any ROM?

brholt6
Old
(Last edited by brholt6; 14th December 2013 at 05:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by freckzula View Post
Will it work with any ROM?
No, so far we have kernels for 4.2.2 ROMs and then one for the EclipticOne 4.4/Sense 5.5 ROM. If I'm missing any, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Here's the thread with the 4.2.2 kernels (4.3 kernel should be coming soon to use with 4.3 ROMs):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2539041

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Verizon HTC One - S-off'd
iPhone 4 - Retired (thankfully)
Motorola Droid - Retired
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brholt6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Fu5ion
Old
Thanks Meter 57
That's the one thing I miss most from my s4. I sold it to get the HTC one last week, but I miss the 2 hour charge time. Buuut I love 4.4 too much so no fast charge option for me. Worth it though.