5,596,354 Members 38,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Planning to buy the amazing Z1 but have a few ques..Please Help!!

Tip us?

cutmylifein2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Planning to buy the amazing Z1 but have a few ques..Please Help!!

Friends m planning to buy xperia z1 and there is no one who can give the better review den u guys, as u r already the user..
1.should i wait for s5 to come or should i go for it??
2.performance..is there lag in it while scorlling or the touch is smooth like ios.??
3.how is the development?? are there enough roms in asop and original os..??
4. does rooting the phone expires the warranty??
5. is there 4k recording in it?? is there dual camera feature in it (if not is it possible that it can get it in future)??
6. and i read about the hue issue in some of the batch. can anyone explain..??
i know i have a long list of questions but it will be really helpful if u guys can lead me to the end of the tunnel by answering them..
thanx in advance..

dancress
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutmylifein2 View Post
Friends m planning to buy xperia z1 and there is no one who can give the better review den u guys, as u r already the user..
1.should i wait for s5 to come or should i go for it??
2.performance..is there lag in it while scorlling or the touch is smooth like ios.??
3.how is the development?? are there enough roms in asop and original os..??
4. does rooting the phone expires the warranty??
5. is there 4k recording in it?? is there dual camera feature in it (if not is it possible that it can get it in future)??
6. and i read about the hue issue in some of the batch. can anyone explain..??
i know i have a long list of questions but it will be really helpful if u guys can lead me to the end of the tunnel by answering them..
thanx in advance..
1. There is always the next thing. In tech you'll wait forever. After the S5 comes the HTC whatever, after that comes the Sony Y (or whatever), and then you can already smell the S6 coming out
2. There is no lag whatsoever.
3. There is CM up to 11 and a few based on CM but there's not a huge amount of ROMs. I think that because Sony's is pretty great already. Personally, I have flashed every phone I had my hands on up until now. The Z and Z1, I left alone.
4. Rooting? No. But unlocking the BL probably does.
5. No. None that I know of. I guess, there's no reason why it shouldn't be possible.
6. Never noticed a hue. However, the screen is not as bright and candy-colorful as Samsung's S4. I don't mind, I don't like the screens burning in my eyes and I turn down the brightness on every mobile device.
The Following User Says Thank You to dancress For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]