[App] [3.0+] [Oreo] ☆ Energy Bar - pulsating Battery Indicator! ☆ [1M+ Downloads]

Would you like a new name for the App?

• Total voters
Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
[App] ☆ Energy Bar - pulsating Battery Indicator! ☆ [1M+ Downloads]

Greetings!

Many of you who have a Windows Mobile past like me, might have instantly recognized the thin colorful line(s) in the above image. And for the new Android generation, introducing Energy Bar - a pulsating Battery indicator!

Energy Bar puts a thin line on top of your Status Bar whose length corresponds to your device's current Battery level.

Got a full charge? The line will cover the whole width of your screen.
Battery depleting? So will the length of Energy Bar.

After several iterations (thank you for the feedback, early testers), the App is now feature packed:

• Energy Bar can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to cover the entire status bar
  • Energy Bar puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
  • Energy Bar's origin can be configured as left/center/right
  • Energy Bar can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
  • Energy Bar can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
  • Energy Bar could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient
  • You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
  • Energy Bar as a cool pulsating animation whenever a power source is plugged into your device

There is something about visual over numbers that keeps you and your device's battery level in sync with just a glance. You may find it intuitive/effective/stylish way to read the battery level, let me know what you think :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

DOWNLOADS:

OR

attachment.php

OR, using TapaTalk? the hyperlinked images above don't work? Here's a play link:

https://bitly.com/energy_bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

SCREENSHOTS

ORIGINAL THREAD ARCHIVE:

PLEASE RATE THE APP WITH THE STARS IT DESERVES ON GOOGLE PLAY MARKET

UPDATE K: Latest version of Energy Bar - EB_6.0_BETA now available on Google Play Store, thread will be updated with change log, screenshots and .apk soon.

UPDATE J: This first post has become too crowded and Energy Bar EB_5.0.5_BETA deserves it's own space!! Checkout screenshots, links to download and more in POST #3.

UPDATE I: EB_4.1.2 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

What's New?

UPDATE H: EB_4.1.1 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

UPDATE G: EB_4.1 is up, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

What's New?

UPDATE F: EB_4.0 is uploaded, adds the to-do feature for the last update - pauses animation on screen off. You can download the version right now from the Downloads section or from Google Play Market to receive updates automatically.

UPDATE E: New version, EB_4.0_XDA_BETA is now available in Downloads section.

As promised, this version packs in new features (both internal and visual,)

#1 The visual elements of the App now look more uniform across various versions of Android.
#2 The Single Color and Multicolor Modes are now combined as one, and that gives you the ability to:
  • Make the Bar use a single color (even when the Battery is low)
  • You can set your own Battery Low Level and assign a color for it to indicate
  • Make multiple segments of the Bar with different colors to indicate each segment. Maximum is upto 6 AND yes, the segment limits are variables controlled by you.
  • There is a live preview which gives you an idea how segments are arranged and color-coded for the Bar.
#3 Replaced the Color Wheel with a older one, which is more accurate.

To do for this version (4.0):
#1 Pause animation on screen off

Hope to receive some feedback soon.

UPDATE D: Latest version EB_3.4 is on the Google Play Market.

UPDATE C: Check the Attachement for Version EB_3.2 (BETA), addresses some bugs. Let me know how is it working.

UPDATE B: Just released an updated version of Energy Bar (EB_3) on Google Play Market, before you get all excited, this update is completely focused on stability/performance. I completely rewrote the code (made a big structural change), I would consider this update as an essential major internal update. Also, it should now perform better during the charging animation.

But, just to not totally disappoint you guys, I have added the following few things that is visual:
#1 The center animation is now more symmetrical (two pulses.)
#2 Custom Colors!!
#3 Thickness is now controllable to the level of pixels (larger devices can make the Bar even more thicker now.)

And lastly, am not abandoning the project with this update, I have got all the list of feature requests made so far since the first release, will be adding one by one. :)

UPDATE A: Initial version released! Scroll down to get the Download link (check the attachments for screenshot!)

Features:-
✓ An interactive UI to configure the Bar live, which reflects your color choice on both the Bar and the UI itself.
✓ Can be aligned left-right-center of the screen.
✓ Multiple colors option - the Bar changes color in every 20% Battery level interval.
✓ Thickness of the Bar can be configured.
✓ Option to start the Bar automatically on phone restart.
✓ Options to keep a shortcut to either hide or configure the Bar instantly from notification panel.
✓ Puts 0% load on CPU when running on Battery, on Battery level changes, system wakes up the Bar momentarily to update.

VIDEO REVIEWS:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Greetings!:)

Many of you who have a Windows Mobile past like me, might be very well familiar with the inspiration behind this application I created, temporarily called as Energy Bar. I saw a couple of Android versions as well, including the one which comes bundled with MIUI custom roms. So, here is my implementation of it (Video Below):

What it does?
  • Puts an Energy Bar at the top of the screen which indicates current battery level on any screen.
  • Plug-in any AC power source to start pulsating animation. The animation is detailed enough to let you know where was your battery level when you initially plugged in and what is it's current level during the whole process of charging.
  • A customizer interface to choose between three colors, Activate/Deactivate, auto start on boot.
  • The color chosen is always saved and used when the service is activated/deactivated, crashed and restarted, auto start on boot.
  • When customizer interface is closed by clicking "Close and run in background....", only the bar runs which takes around 3 to 4 MB static RAM.
  • The load on the CPU is 0% when the AC source is not plugged in. The service gets activated only when battery is reduced.

The Video:

NOTE: The video below is of the TEST version of the App, an updated video will be soon posted.

It's hard to showcase the features in screenshots (attached,) so I have uploaded a video of the app in action:

DOWNLOAD:

OR

attachment.php

OR

Attachments!

OR, using TapaTalk? the hyperlinked images above don't work? Here's a play link:

Please feel free to make feature requests/give feedbacks/comments. Enjoy!

Thanks,
jagan2

Last edited:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
WHAT'S NEW?

EB_6.3.5_BETA:

The App now relies on 'Notification Access' rather than the powerful & sensitive Accessibility Service, to be alive forever.

Upgrading from a previous version?
Click the activation switch, enable Notification Access even if you see the Bar already active.

On some devices, you may have to enable the App in 'Auto-start Apps' settings to survive a phone reboot.

Expect 0 mAh battery consumption. :D

EB_6.3.3_BETA:

#1 Added support for Android 8.0 Oreo.
#2 If you have faced "Permission denied" issue, this version should resolve it.
#3 On Android Oreo, in Status Bar mode, pulling down Notification bar wasn't possible, it's fixed now.

EB_6.2(.2)_BETA:

* The pulsating charging animation now remembers initial charge until power source is turned off.
* Lots of new Animations now available, including an option to disable it.
* Status Bar mode's background is now configurable as transparent or opaque.
* The UI now has clues on how to delete segments.
* Instructions to keep EB alive on Huawei/Lenovo added.

EB_6.1.5_BETA:

HOTFIX for crashes on some Android 6.0 devices

EB_6.1.4_BETA is a critical maintenance update featuring:

* The App now officially supports Android 7.0
* The 'Screen overlay detected...' issue on Marshmallow is finally taken care of, phew!
* Devices on which App crashes on launch is fixed (E.g., Moto X Pure)
* 'Merge Segments' color configuration now survives a reboot of the device.
* Thickness limit increased to 30

Thank you everybody for the amazing response, more updates will follow, if you love the App, don't forget to share it. Cheers!

EB_6.1.3_BETA:
* Attempts to resolve bugs faced by some devices.
Thank you everybody for sending in reports! :)
EB_6.1_BETA:
* Auto-hide is now not limited to just fullscreen videos, games, images. It will work on any fullscreen content which doesn't have a Status Bar.
* Support for Android 6.0.
* Flashy Ad replaced with native static one.
* UI glitches are now fixed completely.
* Lot of internal optimization for continued harmony between your device and Energy Bar :)

Last edited:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Some screenshots by the XDA community, I don't know if the Bar is complementing their beautiful screen set-up or the set-up is complementing the Bar :D

Credits (in the order they appear in attachment): @Gu$houn*, @Micoolef, @ivn888, @Gu$houn*

Missed your screenshot? Just mention me in your post to remind me to update here.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389787508868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389787508868.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 3,158
  • tedyve7u.jpg
    tedyve7u.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,113
  • droid_screen-2.png
    droid_screen-2.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 3,100
  • ahugyzet.jpg
    ahugyzet.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,987
Last edited:

Watty162

Mar 11, 2013
Armidale
It would be great if you could set different colours for every say 10% increment so green for 100 to 90 blue for 90 to 80 etcetera, also being able to change the frequency of the animations from 1% to 2% or 5% or whatever would also be quite cool.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
It would be great if you could set different colours for every say 10% increment so green for 100 to 90 blue for 90 to 80 etcetera, also being able to change the frequency of the animations from 1% to 2% or 5% or whatever would also be quite cool.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Every 10% might be messy, but will include the feature in a limited way, say every 25% may be.

Reactions: Konamy

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Is it possible to change the bar height? That's a very needed feature if not. :)

I found the particular height I used to be an ideal one, but Indeed adding more customization option won't do any harm. Currently working on something that will significantly enhance the functionality of the bar, will showcase it soon.

Reactions: Konamy

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
I found the particular height I used to be an ideal one, but Indeed adding more customization option won't do any harm. Currently working on something that will significantly enhance the functionality of the bar, will showcase it soon.

I'm a very minimalist person, I usually set my battery bar to 1 dip in height. =)

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Off the top of my head, possibility to set a background color can be interesting too. That way if you have a transparent status bar and let's say a blue battery bar on a blue background then you can still see it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Off the top of my head, possibility to set a background color can be interesting too. That way if you have a transparent status bar and let's say a blue battery bar on a blue background then you can still see it.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Currently targeting unrooted phones, will consider for some future version. Thanks!

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
I'm not sure you would need a rooted phone for that. Simply have the progress color diminish while keeping a "full" color bar behind it/right to it. Two colors to set in this case. :)

Oh got ya! I thought you were talking about status bar background, which is not possible to change, atleast not till 4.3

den5o

Oct 24, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 6
My suggestions:

• It would be nice to have the option to set the bars position to multiple locations (below the status bar, above or below the nav bar, or even left and right of the entire screen).
  • The centered mirrored option would be nice as well, as people who use roundr will have the bar cropped at the edge (happens to me with TEAM Battery bar and it's the reason I have it disabled now).
  • Also having a bar height option and being able to lower the opacity of the bar in case the user wants to have it overlap the clock and all the icons on the status bar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [App] ☆ Energy Bar - pulsating Battery Indicator! ☆ [1M+ Downloads]

Greetings!

Many of you who have a Windows Mobile past like me, might have instantly recognized the thin colorful line(s) in the above image. And for the new Android generation, introducing Energy Bar - a pulsating Battery indicator!

Energy Bar puts a thin line on top of your Status Bar whose length corresponds to your device's current Battery level.

Got a full charge? The line will cover the whole width of your screen.
    Battery depleting? So will the length of Energy Bar.

After several iterations (thank you for the feedback, early testers), the App is now feature packed:

• Energy Bar can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to cover the entire status bar
    • Energy Bar puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
    • Energy Bar's origin can be configured as left/center/right
    • Energy Bar can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
    • Energy Bar can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
    • Energy Bar could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient
    • You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
    • Energy Bar as a cool pulsating animation whenever a power source is plugged into your device

There is something about visual over numbers that keeps you and your device's battery level in sync with just a glance. You may find it intuitive/effective/stylish way to read the battery level, let me know what you think :)

DOWNLOADS:

OR

attachment.php

SCREENSHOTS

ORIGINAL THREAD ARCHIVE:

PLEASE RATE THE APP WITH THE STARS IT DESERVES ON GOOGLE PLAY MARKET

UPDATE K: Latest version of Energy Bar - EB_6.0_BETA now available on Google Play Store, thread will be updated with change log, screenshots and .apk soon.

UPDATE J: This first post has become too crowded and Energy Bar EB_5.0.5_BETA deserves it's own space!! Checkout screenshots, links to download and more in POST #3.

UPDATE I: EB_4.1.2 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

What's New?

UPDATE H: EB_4.1.1 is up with some quick fixes to version EB_4.1, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

UPDATE G: EB_4.1 is up, download this latest version from the Download sections above. Also available on Google Play Market, download to receive automatic updates.

What's New?

UPDATE F: EB_4.0 is uploaded, adds the to-do feature for the last update - pauses animation on screen off. You can download the version right now from the Downloads section or from Google Play Market to receive updates automatically.

UPDATE E: New version, EB_4.0_XDA_BETA is now available in Downloads section.

As promised, this version packs in new features (both internal and visual,)

#1 The visual elements of the App now look more uniform across various versions of Android.
    #2 The Single Color and Multicolor Modes are now combined as one, and that gives you the ability to:
    • Make the Bar use a single color (even when the Battery is low)
    • You can set your own Battery Low Level and assign a color for it to indicate
    • Make multiple segments of the Bar with different colors to indicate each segment. Maximum is upto 6 AND yes, the segment limits are variables controlled by you.
    • There is a live preview which gives you an idea how segments are arranged and color-coded for the Bar.
    #3 Replaced the Color Wheel with a older one, which is more accurate.

To do for this version (4.0):
    #1 Pause animation on screen off

Hope to receive some feedback soon.

UPDATE D: Latest version EB_3.4 is on the Google Play Market.

UPDATE C: Check the Attachement for Version EB_3.2 (BETA), addresses some bugs. Let me know how is it working.

UPDATE B: Just released an updated version of Energy Bar (EB_3) on Google Play Market, before you get all excited, this update is completely focused on stability/performance. I completely rewrote the code (made a big structural change), I would consider this update as an essential major internal update. Also, it should now perform better during the charging animation.

But, just to not totally disappoint you guys, I have added the following few things that is visual:
    #1 The center animation is now more symmetrical (two pulses.)
    #2 Custom Colors!!
    #3 Thickness is now controllable to the level of pixels (larger devices can make the Bar even more thicker now.)

And lastly, am not abandoning the project with this update, I have got all the list of feature requests made so far since the first release, will be adding one by one. :)

UPDATE A: Initial version released! Scroll down to get the Download link (check the attachments for screenshot!)

Features:-
    ✓ An interactive UI to configure the Bar live, which reflects your color choice on both the Bar and the UI itself.
    ✓ Can be aligned left-right-center of the screen.
    ✓ Multiple colors option - the Bar changes color in every 20% Battery level interval.
    ✓ Thickness of the Bar can be configured.
    ✓ Option to start the Bar automatically on phone restart.
    ✓ Options to keep a shortcut to either hide or configure the Bar instantly from notification panel.
    ✓ Puts 0% load on CPU when running on Battery, on Battery level changes, system wakes up the Bar momentarily to update.

VIDEO REVIEWS:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Greetings!:)

Many of you who have a Windows Mobile past like me, might be very well familiar with the inspiration behind this application I created, temporarily called as Energy Bar. I saw a couple of Android versions as well, including the one which comes bundled with MIUI custom roms. So, here is my implementation of it (Video Below):

What it does?
    • Puts an Energy Bar at the top of the screen which indicates current battery level on any screen.
    • Plug-in any AC power source to start pulsating animation. The animation is detailed enough to let you know where was your battery level when you initially plugged in and what is it's current level during the whole process of charging.
    • A customizer interface to choose between three colors, Activate/Deactivate, auto start on boot.
    • The color chosen is always saved and used when the service is activated/deactivated, crashed and restarted, auto start on boot.
    • When customizer interface is closed by clicking "Close and run in background....", only the bar runs which takes around 3 to 4 MB static RAM.
    • The load on the CPU is 0% when the AC source is not plugged in. The service gets activated only when battery is reduced.

The Video:

NOTE: The video below is of the TEST version of the App, an updated video will be soon posted.

It's hard to showcase the features in screenshots (attached,) so I have uploaded a video of the app in action:

DOWNLOAD:

OR

attachment.php

OR

Attachments!

Please feel free to make feature requests/give feedbacks/comments. Enjoy!

Thanks,
    jagan2

Some of the places Energy Bar featured:

Full tutorial

00:00 - 00:47

00:00 - 01:07

03:15 - 03:36

And at several more places, if you find it somewhere, let me know :)
    Discussion of the Release Version of the App starts from Post #20http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49385457&postcount=20.
    WHAT'S NEW?

EB_6.3.5_BETA:

The App now relies on 'Notification Access' rather than the powerful & sensitive Accessibility Service, to be alive forever.

Upgrading from a previous version?
    Click the activation switch, enable Notification Access even if you see the Bar already active.

On some devices, you may have to enable the App in 'Auto-start Apps' settings to survive a phone reboot.

Expect 0 mAh battery consumption. :D

EB_6.3.3_BETA:

#1 Added support for Android 8.0 Oreo.
    #2 If you have faced "Permission denied" issue, this version should resolve it.
    #3 On Android Oreo, in Status Bar mode, pulling down Notification bar wasn't possible, it's fixed now.

EB_6.2(.2)_BETA:

* The pulsating charging animation now remembers initial charge until power source is turned off.
    * Lots of new Animations now available, including an option to disable it.
    * Status Bar mode's background is now configurable as transparent or opaque.
    * The UI now has clues on how to delete segments.
    * Instructions to keep EB alive on Huawei/Lenovo added.

EB_6.1.5_BETA:

HOTFIX for crashes on some Android 6.0 devices

EB_6.1.4_BETA is a critical maintenance update featuring:

* The App now officially supports Android 7.0
    * The 'Screen overlay detected...' issue on Marshmallow is finally taken care of, phew!
    * Devices on which App crashes on launch is fixed (E.g., Moto X Pure)
    * 'Merge Segments' color configuration now survives a reboot of the device.
    * Thickness limit increased to 30

Thank you everybody for the amazing response, more updates will follow, if you love the App, don't forget to share it. Cheers!

EB_6.1.3_BETA:
    * Attempts to resolve bugs faced by some devices.
    Thank you everybody for sending in reports! :)
    EB_6.1_BETA:
    * Auto-hide is now not limited to just fullscreen videos, games, images. It will work on any fullscreen content which doesn't have a Status Bar.
    * Support for Android 6.0.
    * Flashy Ad replaced with native static one.
    * UI glitches are now fixed completely.
    * Lot of internal optimization for continued harmony between your device and Energy Bar :)
    Screenshots of the upcoming version

Hey guys, progress is going really slow but couple of features are done. Will take some more time to release, working on UI a bit, couple of screenshots are below. New version will be more integrated to the Android System, no more options like 'Always Alive', etc. Instead, UI will focus on core customization.

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php