5,593,401 Members 36,262 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need advice

Tip us?
 
shhbz
Old
#1  
shhbz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 844
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Default need advice

well,
request to user if they can advice on which firmware will be good as if i stay stock is right choice to update to latest or should iI go custom and if later the n which rom as need it for an upgrade for my young bro phone




 
Sachin jain
Old
#2  
Sachin jain's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 97
Join Date: Sep 2012
If u like asop roms u can do with custom roms..but in custom roms there is no dual SIM functionality only primary SIM works!!!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachin jain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
iceyhotguy
Old
#3  
iceyhotguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 664
Posts: 690
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhbz View Post
well,
request to user if they can advice on which firmware will be good as if i stay stock is right choice to update to latest or should iI go custom and if later the n which rom as need it for an upgrade for my young bro phone
If you are staying stock, go with the latest 4.2.2 firmware as it has improvements in regard of gaming drivers and lags compared to 4.1.2.
There's GENNXT, that's the most stable available stock based ROM.
Advantage of stock would be better gaming experience, samsung apps and dual SIM functionality
While the down side would be the usage of RAM is a little higher, as can be expected by stock based ROMs, so expect freezes and lags every now and then.

If you are going custom, in 4.2.2 there's only CM11 that was just released 3 days ago. If you opt to downgrade to 4.1.2, there's an array of ROMs available like PAC-MAN, MoKee, SlimBean, Resurrection and so on.
Personally I would recommend SlimBean, as it's the one I'm usually on and it's the one with the best battery backup, but all of them are full of customizations.
Advantage of being on these would be great performance, close to no lags at all, and starts with over 500 Mb RAM free
And the main disadvantage would be single SIM functionality and limited graphic drivers from 4.1.2 firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to iceyhotguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shhbz
Old
#4  
shhbz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 844
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyhotguy View Post
If you are staying stock, go with the latest 4.2.2 firmware as it has improvements in regard of gaming drivers and lags compared to 4.1.2.
There's GENNXT, that's the most stable available stock based ROM.
Advantage of stock would be better gaming experience, samsung apps and dual SIM functionality
While the down side would be the usage of RAM is a little higher, as can be expected by stock based ROMs, so expect freezes and lags every now and then.

If you are going custom, in 4.2.2 there's only CM11 that was just released 3 days ago. If you opt to downgrade to 4.1.2, there's an array of ROMs available like PAC-MAN, MoKee, SlimBean, Resurrection and so on.
Personally I would recommend SlimBean, as it's the one I'm usually on and it's the one with the best battery backup, but all of them are full of customizations.
Advantage of being on these would be great performance, close to no lags at all, and starts with over 500 Mb RAM free
And the main disadvantage would be single SIM functionality and limited graphic drivers from 4.1.2 firmware
great so i go with slim so i blv all will be normal as first recovery and then flash super su and then flash the rom. which recovery working better for 4.4.2 flashing




 
raghavsharmaxda
Old
(Last edited by raghavsharmaxda; 14th December 2013 at 09:52 AM.) Reason: didnt read problem carefully
#5  
raghavsharmaxda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 628
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: mumbai
Wink a specific CWM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shhbz View Post
great so i go with slim so i blv all will be normal as first recovery and then flash super su and then flash the rom. which recovery working better for 4.4.2 flashing
for android 4.4.1 cm11(4.4.2 not available yet) you have to use a specific recovery which supports SELinux .....you can find more information about it on cm11 thread...
slim 4.4.2 if you are thinking about(slimcat which is called) , is not at all stable yet !!! so there is no 4.4.2 i clear again....
visit this link and see installing procedure if u want this rom !

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2563557
hope i helped
The Following User Says Thank You to raghavsharmaxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
shhbz
Old
#6  
shhbz's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 844
Posts: 2,426
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Searching...
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavsharmaxda View Post
all are same and will help you to flash your custom rom (unless and until u want to flash 4.4 cm11, which requires a specific CWM) ....philz recovery and CWM works all great as they are meant for recovery only :P
you see for us on note2 forum philz works the best with great touch support and issues whatsoever so just wanted to be sure on that




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes