Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to install Miui v5 3.11.22 on Galaxy s4 T-Mobile successfully

Tip us?

jordy787
Old
(Last edited by jordy787; 15th December 2013 at 12:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Post [GUIDE] How to install Miui v5 3.11.22 on Galaxy s4 T-Mobile successfully

I am gonna show you how to install Miui v5 on your T-Mobile S4, I have seen other people posting tuts but they were not to clear on how to install so here is how i installed it on my T-Mobile Galaxy S4. And i did compare the Hardware between international S4 and T-Mobile S4 and they have the exact hardware so i was thinking hmm why wouldnt Miui V4 not work on a T-Mobile S4?

Settings will show the international model number because its originally made for that model of the s4. If you see my screenshots it shows it but that is my T-Mobile S4

Firstly i reccemend you to install Philz Recovery so you have no problems with it booting or other related issues. (Best recovery to install miui with i never had any problems but you can use whatever one you want but i highly reccemend this one)

I am not responsible if you create a paper weight (bricked) ,Dead SD card , Phone explodes, Phone grows legs and takes over the world or anything like that. You are installing this with your own risk. My phone was previously on the stock 4.2.2 so i wasnt on 4.3 with knox so im not sure if you will or will not have problems with a T-Mobile S4 with a different baseband but im sure it will still work even coming from a different base S4.

Credits for the ROM goes to this developer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=569047

Miui V5 3.11.22
4.2.2 JDQ39E
AOSP Base

Hit thanks if i helped you out please! or maybe buy me a coffee? Much appreciated!

After copying the rom and gapps to your sdcard or internel storage then reboot to recovery and follow the steps below.

Downloads:
Miui v5 3.11.22: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jt1bvtt9f...%203.11.22.zip
Gapps: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jt1bvtt9f...igned-8012.zip
Philz Recovery (optional): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jt1bvtt9f...8-jfltetmo.zip

Instructions:
x2 Wipe/factory reset
x1 Clean install a new rom (this option is on philz recovery which is wipe system/rom)
x2 Wipe cache
Install rom
boot rom (boot may take 5-10 min)
once it boots reboot into recovery
Install gapps
x2 Wipe cache
x2 Wipe Dalvik cache
Boot ..Done

How to enable LTE:
Go to settings>All settings>Mobile Networks>Access point names>Click on the arrow and change epc.tmobile.com to fast.tmobile.com then then save and tap on it to activate the apn (if no data change fast.tmobile.com to fast.t-mobile.com)
Next go to your dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*
tap phone info and tap gsm auto (prl) and change to LTE then once you see the data icon like 3G or H change to 4g you can change it to LTE /GSM/CDMA auto (prl) if you like.
If you reboot and it doesnt stick then you can redo the dialer method or you can post back and i can help you out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phoneshot 3.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	2452682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phoneshot 4.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	2452683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phoneshot 5.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	2452685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Phoneshot 6.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	2452686  
Current phones: Galaxy Note 3 & iPhone 5.

Laying around in drawer: x3 Galaxy S4 , iPhone 4 , mytouch 3g slide, Lumia 521 , HTC inspire 4G ,& Some more.

My tutorial on how to install international miui v5 rom on T-Mobile S4:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post48482226
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jordy787 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

velayo
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Is this ROM using the touchwiz camera?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

sd_N
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by velayo View Post
Is this ROM using the touchwiz camera?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app
No. MIUI is based on AOSP

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
LG G3...
sd N

Thank u Devs!!!

MrPapito429
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Thank you very much. Finally got MIUI installed, and thanks to you I got LTE working thanks man

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jordy787
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapito429 View Post
Thank you very much. Finally got MIUI installed, and thanks to you I got LTE working thanks man

Your welcome ! im glad it all worked
Current phones: Galaxy Note 3 & iPhone 5.

Laying around in drawer: x3 Galaxy S4 , iPhone 4 , mytouch 3g slide, Lumia 521 , HTC inspire 4G ,& Some more.

My tutorial on how to install international miui v5 rom on T-Mobile S4:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post48482226

DaveMW
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks very much. Worked Great. Coming from a Verizon S3 I was missing MiUi.

The Key here is to use Philz recovery. I tried with CWM and I kept getting errors about cyanogenmod account crashing. (was running CM 10.2)
-------------
Dave
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
Root, CWM Touch, Bouncing between Synergy Rom and MIUI
http://2600milesnorthonthepct.wordpress.com/

Ltitus8900
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMW View Post
Thanks very much. Worked Great. Coming from a Verizon S3 I was missing MiUi.

The Key here is to use Philz recovery. I tried with CWM and I kept getting errors about cyanogenmod account crashing. (was running CM 10.2)
Please, can someone help me resolve the status 7 error on my T-mobile i9500? It is currently running CM 10.2 with Philz version 6.00.8. I have tried opening and deleting the go prop commands and still no dice. I have wiped completely over and over and no success at all. Any ideas? I reeeealy miss this rom.

ierv69
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Great, everything is perfect, but lte.. I don't have the arrow of fast.T-Mobile.com so I created it, No LTE, went to*#*#4636#*#* switch but doesn't get 4g and it doesn't stick when rebot...

DaveMW
Old
(Last edited by DaveMW; 13th February 2014 at 08:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ierv69 View Post
Great, everything is perfect, but lte.. I don't have the arrow of fast.T-Mobile.com so I created it, No LTE, went to*#*#4636#*#* switch but doesn't get 4g and it doesn't stick when rebot...

Not sure what you're trying to say here. Your issue may be that the APN needs to be in all lowercase ie: fast.t-mobile.com

to recap/clarify

Go to settings>All settings>Mobile Networks>Access point names
Under APNs click the arrow on T-Mobile US
Change the APN from epc.tmobile.com to fast.t-mobile.com or fast.tmobile.com. (If one doesn't work, try the other)

Next go to your dialer and type *#*#4636#*#*
Tap phone information.
Under Preferred Network type hit the drop down menu and tap LTE only.
Once you see the data icon like 3G or H change to 4g you change it to LTE /GSM Auto(PRL)

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltitus8900 View Post
Please, can someone help me resolve the status 7 error on my T-mobile i9500? It is currently running CM 10.2 with Philz version 6.00.8. I have tried opening and deleting the go prop commands and still no dice. I have wiped completely over and over and no success at all. Any ideas? I reeeealy miss this rom.
Here's how i did it with philz, this may help.

boot recovery,
wipe data/factory reset > select install new rom (this will clear system and cache and data)
wipe dalvik
install rom,
install gapps
wipe cache and dalvik again just for the hell of it.
-------------
Dave
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
Root, CWM Touch, Bouncing between Synergy Rom and MIUI
http://2600milesnorthonthepct.wordpress.com/

ierv69
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
I did it that way, The thing is that the fast.t-mobile.com apn its not there so I created it and it sticks but no lte when I go to phone and dial *#*#4636#*#* its in gsm so I put it on lte wait for signal but theres no signal. So I reboot and no lte