XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How does htc backup work.

Tip us?

potsykate
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default How does htc backup work.

I've set my phone to backup daily over wifi with the HTC backup app which it does.
The restore button is greyed out so how do I actually restore my settings?
I'm using TB at the moment to backup and restore my apps but it doesn't restore my home screen settings and icons.

How do I restore through htc backup?

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

manmikey
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I wondered this a few months ago, my "restore from backup" was greyed out too but never found an answer.

However I have since discoved that after a factory reset or even when my phone was exchanged under warranty that the HTC backup will rebuild your One exactly how it was when the last backup was made, by this I mean the settings, passwords, accounts, apps, even your homescreen will be built including folders and wijets, theapp draw is organised too, such as any folders you may have created there.

I have used it twice now at it does a great job, once you turn you phone on and sign into the HTC account that you backed up with it is pretty much automatic ( it prompts you to log into the dropbox folder when required). What you must not do is use google restore if prompted and it will not restore app data such as level progress or achievemnts in games or passwords etc. I think the backup creates a list of apps that are then down loaded from the appstore in the background rather than backinging up the app itself.

To recap my restore from backup has always been greyed out but when needed after factory reset or setting up a new device it has worked fantastically.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using XDA Premium HD app