5,594,518 Members 32,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RESOLVED] HOX AT&T US, pj83100 POGO

Tip us?

juppie7
Old
(Last edited by juppie7; 14th December 2013 at 07:54 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [RESOLVED] HOX AT&T US, pj83100 POGO

Alright. Apparently this specific phone has weird or messed up POGO pins. And I really need some help.
I've searched but can't find anyone with this issue.

There are supposed to be 5 pins total (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1611116). On my phone, there are 5 positions, but the first (GND) is blocked off by the outer plastic of the case. I picked away the plastic to find no pin present, just a plastic stub from within the phone. And while I will (next week) be taking the phone apart to do multiple things (replace broken digitizer, & upgrade battery, replace back-door), surely someone knows something about this?

I ordered a Seidio Innocell case to further enhance my battery life. It is the version marked to support the AT&T variant. However it does not work. I would think that the GND connection is unnecessary to charge the battery (unsafely), so I can only assume that the 4 pins available are not as identified with other variants. Perhaps the 1st pin is dislodged by some means, though that does not explain the plastic covering it... Other than perhaps a manufacturer defect that I never noticed?

Can anyone assist?

Like I said I'll be opening it up soon, so I'll probably modify the back door to support this Innocell casing anyway. So any information would be useful as to what might be going wrong here.

*EDIT:
I can confirm after picking away more plastic, that there IS indeed the 1st pin (you can see it in attached image if you look closely), and that my phone was poorly manufactured. The pin is shoved beneath the casing due to lack of clearance when it was assembled. No wonder. Charging still does not work, so I'm wondering if there is a way I can manually test these two pins (#1 & #5) for charging capabilities? 5v battery and two wires perhaps?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131210_211726.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	2447180  

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4608

DONATE TO ME
This belongs in the q&a section, not sure why you've posted it here?

Where did you buy the phone?

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

juppie7
Old
(Last edited by juppie7; 13th December 2013 at 04:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
This belongs in the q&a section, not sure why you've posted it here?

Where did you buy the phone?

Sent from my Evita.
My apologies, first time posting. I read the posting stickies, and did not think to post it in the appropriate location.

This phone was purchased from Walmart, with the related AT&T contract. One month before they released the OneX+, what luck.
My battery is at post office now, should arrive later today. I'll install and update my post, though I believe I'll be solving my own problem & answering my own question soon enough. Completion sake, anyways. The pins do work, i sent voltage through it using a multimeter, and android notified me I was using an invalid charging apparatus (incorrect mwa i guess? was @1.5v). SO that's good news I suppose.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4608

DONATE TO ME
Wow, I've never seen a new Evita with such a serious manufacturing defect like that. You should swap it out under warranty.

Sent from my Evita.
HTC Evita
KarbonKat 4.4.2 1.0-5 | S-off
2.14 | Modified TWRP 2.6.3

juppie7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Wow, I've never seen a new Evita with such a serious manufacturing defect like that. You should swap it out under warranty.

Sent from my Evita.

Haha i know right. I just opened it up, all 5 pins are available on the motherboard's bottom connector(radio/pogo/buttonLEDs). But indeed, they did not properly cut the 1st pin's plastic. Nor did they insert the actual pogo pin on it, which are both back-door flaws. Back-door assembly line failure - lol Sounds dirty.

Well all is well now. I used a HOX+ back-door instead, cause the red on black looks nice. SO I didn't have to rig my own graphite onto the plastic. All 5 pins working perfectly. Attached some photos so you guys can see what I mean. Take care all, this issue is now resolved
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131214_134048.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	2454765   Click image for larger version

Name:	20131214_134131.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	2454766