XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] noob bluetooth htc rezound verizon need help

Tip us?

Bill-dry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] noob bluetooth htc rezound verizon need help

I have HTC Rezound. Verizon. It is plain jane stock. Insurance replaced assiorion or whatever.
Bluetooth not working.

Would like to load unlock something to get updated Bluetooth drivers or something for my phone. Verizon Tech support less than
useless. Can anybody help today like upgrade my phone to a ROM thing?

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 669

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-dry View Post
I have HTC Rezound. Verizon. It is plain jane stock. Insurance replaced assiorion or whatever.
Bluetooth not working.

Would like to load unlock something to get updated Bluetooth drivers or something for my phone. Verizon Tech support less than
useless. Can anybody help today like upgrade my phone to a ROM thing?
If it's not working with the stock rom, I doubt switching roms is gonna help.

If you wanna try another rom, gotta start by unlocking the bootloader via the htcdev.com website.

Follow up to step 6 to get unlocked, after that you need a custom recovery then you can start flashing roms.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1415615
Matt
LG G2 - Rooted/Xposed/SimpleKernel
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired
The Following User Says Thank You to mjones73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 345

DONATE TO ME
If after a factory reset Bluetooth is not working, I would call Asurion and get another replacement that does work... plain and simple. If it doesn't work on stock, the chances it will work on anything else are near 0, and unlocking may void your warranty, resulting in a charge to you if they have to replace it later.
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Bill-dry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
If after a factory reset Bluetooth is not working, I would call Asurion and get another replacement that does work... plain and simple. If it doesn't work on stock, the chances it will work on anything else are near 0, and unlocking may void your warranty, resulting in a charge to you if they have to replace it later.
Asurion said sorry your phone is working the Bluetooth problem is Verizon. Verizon say sorry your software version on your phone by
Asurion is the problem of Asurion. They have been pointing there fingers at eachother then they say they have never heard of an HTC resound having a Bluetooth problem. This is driving me crazy. Had this problem about a year ago. Verizon had an update and it fixed it.
Problem is I can not update my Adroid version to do this because ASS surion and VerMoran have it locked.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-dry View Post
Asurion said sorry your phone is working the Bluetooth problem is Verizon. Verizon say sorry your software version on your phone by
Asurion is the problem of Asurion. They have been pointing there fingers at eachother then they say they have never heard of an HTC resound having a Bluetooth problem. This is driving me crazy. Had this problem about a year ago. Verizon had an update and it fixed it.
Problem is I can not update my Adroid version to do this because ASS surion and VerMoran have it locked.
No... Asurion is wrong and they know it, the phone is defective, you should insist they give you a working device, that is why you had the insurance, not to get a defective phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Aio Wireless (Beanstalk ROM Official)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (CarbonROM KitKat)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Nextbook 8 Premium with marxo's N8+ ROM - Revision 1b2 (ICS 4.0.4)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, Samsung Stratosphere, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket